Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pie Crust tips

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

This year for the first time I am going to make an apple pie for thanksgiving. I have never made a pie before and am such a perfectionist I am worried about it. This first year I am going to use a store bought crust and if all goes well for Christmas I will attempt to make the crust as well. I am the type of person that needs to plan and do baby steps for everything so I know it may seem crazy to buy the crust but I need to for my sanity. lol  Have you ever used store bought crust? Do you have a certain brand that you like/don't like?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I've used store bought crusts a few times, but usually I make my own.

Keep the crust cold.

specialwingz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Pillsbury makes an excellent pre-made crust!  I usually make my own.  But, in a pinch, the Pillsbury ones are really good.  They aren't the ones in the freezer section in the pie tin.  They come in a box in the section where you buy the Pillsbury biscuits, cinnamon rolls, etc.

Beth100
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM

I have bought store crusts, but did not like them.  It is easy to make an actual crust.....if you want instructions, pm me and I will be happy to write the instructions for you.  Beth100

RutterMama
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:34 PM
I've never made a pie from scratch. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)