Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Battery-free Gift Ideas

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm kind of running out of ideas of what to get Cullen for Christmas. He's 2 will be 3 in March. 

My dad got him a starter wooden train set (genaric but compatible with Thomas or Chuggington) and a large selection of books. 

My inlaws are getting him some legos and wooden puzzles.

Any ideas? 

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Beth100
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Sensory balls....they have nubs or long rubber hair on them.  Kids love them.  and they are good bouncers and rollers.  Beth100

jamms02
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Play-doh & cookie cutters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamms02
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:55 PM
A bubble machine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Depending on where you live, outdoor stuff like a bat and tee, tricycle, etc

AiW
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Tinker toys or Lincoln logs, board games like memory or chutes and ladders, coloring books and crayons, stickers, matchbox cars
Scottsmommie
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM

My little boy will be 3 in January. We got him some games Don't Spill the Beans and Ants in my pants. A bounce on rubber dinosaur it's called Rexford. Some playmobil toys. They are having a sale on their site on some of the stuff. My little boy wanted a garbage truck and they have a recycling truck for $10 and an ambulance for the same they come with figures and all. (This is a choking hazzard if he still puts stuff in his mouth though. My little boy has outgrown that though.) If you spend $25 you get free shipping. Oh and a pirate boat for  1/2 price as well I think $17.50. You could always get some other trains and accessories to go with the train set like maybe Thomas. Watch TRU for deals on them this time of year. Color Wonder stuff is great non-messy craft stuff. Coloring books and twistable crayons. You can get a lot of great ones at Walmart or Dollar tree for $1 each and Dollar general has a great price on the twistable crayons. A dress up box. You can put costumes or other dress up stuff in a box. Goodwill or other stores like that are great places to find stuff like that. My little boy loves his small trampoline with a handle to hold onto while jumping and he has a Little Tikes Fire truck he loves to drive around. Also any type of car or truck and little people are big hits around here. I hope you find just the right gift.

tblur29
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:52 AM

My kids have enough toys so this year we are looking for clothes and money.  The money we plan on putting to memberships to places like the Children's museum, zoo and pool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)