Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preparing for Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

Is it just me, or is getting ready for another holiday, on top of the one just past a real pain?  I stayed home today....didn't even go to the mailbox....spent the day putting Thanksgiving away....then started to get the Christmas together...had to  spruce up a wreath , etc.  Good grief!  I'm exhausted!  I even wrapped a couple of presents that have begun to accumulate in my sewing room.  Is it just me, or are everyone's wheels spinning?  Beth100

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:12 AM

not yet!

We got our tree yesterday...went out in the icy rain to do it, too. Spent the rest of the day trying to get warm.

I guess I'm lucky because I have kids that love to decorate for the holidays.  I get my Christmas village, tree decorations, Christmas music boxes, ceramic Nativity set, and other decorations out and let the kids have at it.  My DD loves to do the gift wrapping, so I only have to wrap the gifts for her.  She'll do a lot of the baking and cookie decorating, too.

KimmyShaw
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Nope, not here LOL I start early so I am almost done shopping and  house has been decorated a couple days before Thanksgiving so I get to just sit back and enjoy the season :D

specialwingz
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM

We got our tree and put up all the Christmas deco the day after Thanksgiving.  The guys put up the outside lights and set the tree up for me to decorate.  The twins help me do that.  Even at 19, they still enjoy looking at all the different ornaments and talking about the memories that go with each and every one.  So, it's all done!  We have a lot of the shopping done.  We try to do as much as we can throughout the year so it's not such a crunch come holiday time.  But, we do still have a few gifts to get.  SO loves to wrap.  So, if I don't get to it he's more than willing to take it on.  LOL.

heavensdaughter
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:09 AM

We are pretty much done here.  I let my big girls do a lot fo the decorating, so it isn't real professional looking but they are SO proud.  Got most of my Christmas shopping done.  I have a few odds and end to get for the extended family but the kids' gifts are done.  We start with our first big family party today.  I made a decision a few years ago that we would only go to one party per weekend in December.  That means we have to miss things sometimes, but it really cuts down on stress for the kids!  DH does the present wrapping at our house too.  He's got beautiful hand writing and manipulates paper better than I do.  When I wrap it looks like it was done by a 5 year old, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)