Ask the Expert: How do I start a budget -- and stick with it?
Do you want to start a budget but you're not sure where to begin? Does your financial situation seem too out of control to conquer? Have no fear, "Money Saving Mom" is here to help you start 2012 off on the right financial foot!
Crystal Paine, the brains behind the super popular blog MoneySavingMom.com and author of The Money Saving Mom's Budget will be here all next week to answer YOUR questions about starting a budget -- and sticking to it! -- couponing, planning your financial future, and more!
Please post your questions for Crystal as replies to this post. Crystal will post her answers here as well. One lucky mom will win a copy of Crystal's book!
In the meantime, get a peek at what's in Crystal's book:
Welcome, Crystal! Thanks for joining us!
Crystal Paine is the creator of the immensely popular website MoneySavingMom.com. She has written for Woman's Day and All You and has been featured in Real Simple, USA Weekend, and on NPR. She is a wife and a mother to three homeschooled children. Crystal Paine is the author of the book The Money Saving Mom’s Budget.
The Official Rules
To enter the this contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.
Posts must be made between Wednesday January 4, 2012 at 12:35 pm EST and Sunday January 15, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST.
- This contest will end on Sunday January 15, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST.
- One winner will be selected randomly.
- The winner will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
- Multiple replies are allowed and will increase your chances of winning.
- Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Prizes must be claimed within 10 days of notice of winning.
- One winner will each receive a copy of "The Money Saving Mom's Budget."