Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we have a very aggressive shower curtain!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
You will be washing in the shower and suddenly it's smothering you! Lol It's just the liner and it's a heavy weight one, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but it seems like no matter what, it won't stay put. I had a cloth curtain and took it down thinking maybe air was getting trapped between the curtain and liner and that's why it was fluffing out, but I took it down and it still does it. I also wet the side of the tub in hopes that the liner would stick with the water. Nothing works! Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SandraJo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Maybe sew some weights in the bottom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

yeah sew something or use some of those chip clips with magnets lol...something to try and weight it down some

Quoting SandraJo:

Maybe sew some weights in the bottom?

Kimberlynn
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
We had one like that also. DH kept saying he didn't know if it was trying to sexually assault him or kill him. LOL! We sewed little weights in the bottom of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommystiebler
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Thanks, guys... I will try to figure something out along those lines! =)

chichiwvu
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I have the same problem! I have some table cloth weights I'll try clipping to the bottom I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:04 PM

If your tub is metal, you can weight it down with magnets and they'll cling to the side of the tub.  My boys' bathtub is one of those enclsure things.  So, magnets don't stick to it.  So, we got some suction cup hooks (3) and used a hole punch to punch a small hole in each lower corner and in the middle towards the edge.  Then, we just stuck the suction cup hooks upside down.  When the boys shower, they just hook the holes on the hooks and it doesn't fly around anymore.  Did that make sense?  LOL.

teachermama924
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought a clear liner, not too expensive that already had heavy magnets in the bottom.  It's wonderful.

mommystiebler
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Yeah, I thought about that... DH said "or we could just buy one with the magnets in it", but it's one of the nicer liners. Oh well, we'll figure it out! Thanks! I like that idea though!

Quoting specialwingz:

If your tub is metal, you can weight it down with magnets and they'll cling to the side of the tub.  My boys' bathtub is one of those enclsure things.  So, magnets don't stick to it.  So, we got some suction cup hooks (3) and used a hole punch to punch a small hole in each lower corner and in the middle towards the edge.  Then, we just stuck the suction cup hooks upside down.  When the boys shower, they just hook the holes on the hooks and it doesn't fly around anymore.  Did that make sense?  LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)