Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

help, how do you ladies cut grease?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  • 24 Replies

i am looking for a frugal way to cut stove grease. easy off is amazing but sooo expensive! does anyone have a natual or cheap way of making a grease cutter?

thank you!

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaTrucker937
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I found this cleaner at Dollar Tree that works great at our house. It's called Mean Green. It is a multipurpose cleaner so I can use it to clean the whole kitchen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Dawn dish soap, hot water, and a nylon scrubbie.  If that doesn't work, Fantastik or Formula 409 work the best.

mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I use white vinegar & water in a 50-50 mix. I infuse the white vinegar with a couple of lemons before I use it, but you don't have to if you don't want to. The lemon cuts the vinegar smell & is also an additional cleaning element.

mammapav
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Good tips.

mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I use vinegar to clean too. My kids have severe allergies so I make most of my cleaning products. How do you infuse the vinegar and have you used anything besides lemon?

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

I use white vinegar & water in a 50-50 mix. I infuse the white vinegar with a couple of lemons before I use it, but you don't have to if you don't want to. The lemon cuts the vinegar smell & is also an additional cleaning element.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I get a gallon jug of white vinegar & a fresh lemon or two. I cut the lemon into wedges, then shove the wedges through the opening of the jug. I put the jug in a cool, dark closet for a couple of weeks or a month. When I'm ready to use it, I mix it 50-50 with water in a spray bottle or use it full strength. 

I've never used anything except the lemon, because the lemon adds extra cleaning & disinfecting power to the mix. You could probably add a few drops of an essential oil like lavender or oregano instead if you don't want to use the lemon.

Quoting mamabearlehman:

I use vinegar to clean too. My kids have severe allergies so I make most of my cleaning products. How do you infuse the vinegar and have you used anything besides lemon?

MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm with Rhonda. I use Dawn dish detergent with a good scrubby.

nmaxwell816
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Dawn soap

chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I use 50/50 vinegar and water
For my stove I sprinkle with baking soda and then pour a little vinegar and scrub. My oven has never been cleaner and no chemical smells!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babiegurl47
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Dawn dish soap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)