Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some opinions on this, best quality for my money!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 6 Replies

Okay ladies lets talk dvd players & quality. I need a new one. I have two right now both of which skip around, act dumb etc, they both require a tap on the top to get moving, & I have one right now that no matter how many taps I make it won't play at all, sadness. 

So with this said, I am on a tight budget, as we all are. I need to get a dvd player that is going to be the best for my money. I am not familiar with reputations of brands so if you have a dvd player can I have a review of it? 

Just so you know the two players I currently have a Toshiba & a Sony. The Sony was picked up cheap at Walmart last year so I don't want to go with the cheapest again because I want my player to last some years at least. The Toshiba was good, for a while but we bought it used off of a friend almost 6 years ago & well I think it is just worn, at the end of its life, its also part of the sourround sound system too. 

So thoughts? Whats your brand? Do you like the brand? Have you bought a dvd player & disliked it or have a brand you do not like if so why? 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chinosruca
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I bought a cheap (about $30) Magnavox at Walmart. I've had it a little over a year & it has never skipped, stopped working or done anything wrong. It works great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Check out reviews before buying. You can usually type in the name.to CNET and get a complete review by professionals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeergames
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I always check reviews via amazon for most of my purchases. Still thought I'd ask some of you ladies. I think going with a middle of the road one is my best bet, so not the cheapest but not the ones that cost over $75! I can not afford that! But there are some that are around $50 I'd be willing to spend in hopes to get more then 1 years worth of playing time out of it. 

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Check out reviews before buying. You can usually type in the name.to CNET and get a complete review by professionals.

rachelrothchild
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I like Toshiba.  I had an APEX one in college.  It was cheap, and it was awesome.

loveeeyore
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I too bought the Magnavox one at walmart for $35 and its works great !

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

We have an Emerson DVD/VCR combo player.  We got it a few years ago for about $50, and we've never had any problems with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)