Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is It Just Me Or Does Walgreens Suck Now?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM
  • 48 Replies

Other than their free photo deals I occasionally see, I check their ads and NOTHING is ever appealing. Not with or without coupons and the register rewards are laughable. I never really got the hang of shopping there but I wasn't ready to give up, as I know a lot of women were successful.

Anybody else noticed that they haven't been coming up with anything good lately?

Come to think of it, none of the stores around me have been good for couponing lately =/

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barb10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Havent noticed Walgreens,we dont have one too close,but the other stores around here havent had any good sales lately so Ive been sticking to Aldi.We got a Bottom Dollar a few months ago,they were great at first,now every ad I see has nothing we even use on sale and the sale prices arent great either.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Quoting Barb10:

Havent noticed Walgreens,we dont have one too close,but the other stores around here havent had any good sales lately so Ive been sticking to Aldi.We got a Bottom Dollar a few months ago,they were great at first,now every ad I see has nothing we even use on sale and the sale prices arent great either.

I wish we had Aldi's in Colorado!!! Our Kroger is pretty good. I stick to everything store brand or Colorado Grown because we get 10% off since my SO works for them so that really does add up!

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I usually don't even go to Walgreens unless I need some medicine and don't.want to go to Walmart. Usually expensive to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chinosruca
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I have never shopped at Walgreens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM
They sell vibrators!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting PortiaRose:

They sell vibrators!

OMG what?! I have to go pick up my free photo collage tomorrow and I am sooooooo investigating this!! Lmao

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

I usually don't even go to Walgreens unless I need some medicine and don't.want to go to Walmart. Usually expensive to me

I have a friend who used to get free pads/liners, deodorant, toothpaste, and toothbrushes ALL the time. Best I ever got was a few bucks overage on some men's gillete products ONCE and cheap Folger's Coffee, everything else was a fail! I'd get to the register with my coupons and stuff all excited and they'd REJECT me for one reason or another. Always a fine detail. Ugh.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Quoting chinosruca:

I have never shopped at Walgreens.

Guess you're not missin much! I hear CVS is great but we don't have them here

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM
I don't go to walgreens. If they have something sale that we need/ want, I price match at walmart. I love hyvee, but we can't afford to shop there regularly. Every week I research local sale ads and price match everything we need on sale at walmart. I bet I annoy the cashiers because generally at least half of what I buy I price match. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Yep they do lol

Since they stopped taking our medical insurance ive only been in one once and snooped in the as seen on tv section but that was it

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting PortiaRose:

They sell vibrators!

OMG what?! I have to go pick up my free photo collage tomorrow and I am sooooooo investigating this!! Lmao

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)