Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Are you disorganized with coupons?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 18 Replies

I am, I know all I need is a little coupon caddy or something but I keep forgetting to get one.

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I have a small accordion folder, i go thru it before i shop and make a list of soon to expire or things i know i want to buy so i dont lose out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Yes! The main reason couponinh is such a pain. I hate shuffling through to find what I need...thinking about trying the clipless system I recently heard about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM

i dont use coupons. i buy generic. many times its cheaper to buy generic than to use the coupon on the expensive item.

katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a binder with baseball card holders in it that all my coupons go in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyBearsMom608
by Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting katiebug840204:

I have a binder with baseball card holders in it that all my coupons go in.

This! I also use a 3 ring binder with baseball card holders ( got them for a couple bucks at office Max and Depot. I put all my "must use" coupons up front that are about to expire etc....... Then I have pages for each section of the store so that when I walk through the store I know where my coupons are. I also take them out of the sleve as I find the item and put the coupon in the front of the binder in a page protector.

In that same binder I keep page protectors . One in front for my grocerie list and meal plan for the week. I always keep my meal plans for the week for refference.  I have various others in the back of the binder for different household managment type stuff.

I must say though, I dont spend much time on couponing as we usually buy the store brand that is cheaper BUT after going through the coupons that come in the mail and what people give me, I do save a couple dollars a week - making it well worth my time. But its the meal planning that mainly saves me $$$.

erienne06
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Same here :)

Quoting lillucky8:

I have a small accordion folder, i go thru it before i shop and make a list of soon to expire or things i know i want to buy so i dont lose out

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Nope, I have a coupon binder to keep my coupons organized.

gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Not so much. I don't clip anymore unless it is something I know I am using in the immediate future. Everything else is in their inserts marked with the date the insert came. I use the matchups to tell me where to look for my coupons.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Not disorganized, but I don't use them very often, either.  The few that I will use are kept in my wallet.

chrissysnow22
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Same here

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Nope, I have a coupon binder to keep my coupons organized.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)