Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Less than two week for my daughter B-day party and there no money...any ideas

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 28 Replies

My daughter is turning 2 on April 25th and I plan a birthday party on the 21st of April. The theme for her birthday is the bubble guppies, which I made all the decoration from scratch (they don't sell them anywhere), I'm not complainig I enjoyed creating all of her decorations! Unfortuantly situation started to happen, my asthma gotten worse so every doctor visit is $100.00 and that not including the medicine ;-(...certain unexpected bill came up and let say through everything there no money to buy refreshment for the party (which I have 65 people coming).

So I'm actually hoping, if anyone has any ideas they can share that I don't have to spend so much on food!

Thanks!

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Wow..I at a loss for words.  I hope someone here can help

reindeergames
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Errrrrrrrrrr I don't know how you can possibly do that, you are going to have to make a cheap food plan. What time is the party at? Do you have a warehouse card for Sams or BJ's? 

tnovak
by Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this

What about a potluck, ask people to bring dishes?  You can provide the main dish and others salads, etc.

ETHANMASONMOMMY
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
depending on what time party is. If its late just do cake, icecream, chips and drinks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilJomie
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM

The party is going to be at a park near my apartment ( there like 25+ children attending) and it going to start at 1pm-2pm...I'm a member of BJ's :-/....

Thanks for helping!!! I really appreciate it!!!

LilJomie
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Aww Thank you!!!

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Wow..I at a loss for words.  I hope someone here can help

LilJomie
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I honestly think this is good idea, I don't think my family and close friend woudn't mind helping...they are always asking if I need help...I just feel bad asking them to bring food, when I invited them...lmao!!

Quoting tnovak:

What about a potluck, ask people to bring dishes?  You can provide the main dish and others salads, etc.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Maybe ask a friend or family member to help with the cake/drinks etc? I've done a potluck before where the party started at 2-3pm but we were having a cookout afterwards.... everyone was fine with bringing their meat and a side

Shani527
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I would definatly do the potluck idea. I would not feel bad asking them to bring something because of the  number of people. Thats a lot of people for even if you did save up for it.

zombimomma
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Pot luck is definitely a great idea - we do pot luck parties all the time and they're very cost effective ways to get together, socialize and have fun, without spending a lot. That way people can bring what they like, and what they know their kids like. We always do cupcakes instead of Bday cakes for outdoor parties - less mess, less waste, no bickering over who gets what piece, and the Bday girl gets a candle in hers. And fruit for a platter - it's a amazing how many kids you can feed with one cantelope, one honeydew, and a bag of grapes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)