Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Less than two week for my daughter B-day party and there no money...any ideas

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is turning 2 on April 25th and I plan a birthday party on the 21st of April. The theme for her birthday is the bubble guppies, which I made all the decoration from scratch (they don't sell them anywhere), I'm not complainig I enjoyed creating all of her decorations! Unfortuantly situation started to happen, my asthma gotten worse so every doctor visit is $100.00 and that not including the medicine ;-(...certain unexpected bill came up and let say through everything there no money to buy refreshment for the party (which I have 65 people coming).

So I'm actually hoping, if anyone has any ideas they can share that I don't have to spend so much on food!

Thanks!

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Replies (21-28):
LilJomie
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

First of all I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice for my daughter 2nd birthday. I love the idea of the potluck and these last few days I was talking to my family and friends, they all agree to help with the birthday. So we are doing hamburgers and hotdog for all the children, for the adults  my grandma is making arroz con guandules (rice with beans), I'm going to make pernil (roasted pork) and my mom is making the potatoes salad...My cousins are buying the refreshment and powder drinks... and my sister in law and I are going to make cupcakes...so far this is our plan and I'm extremely happy that I can give my daughter a birthday party with the help of you guys and my family....Thank you so much!!!!

I will post photos and give an update on how the party went.

LilJomie
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

BUMP!

melanielmcgee
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Hot dogs are super cheap. Jenny o turkey dogs at Walmart is about 3.99 for an enourmous pack.
Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

See.... things will all come together

Quoting LilJomie:

First of all I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice for my daughter 2nd birthday. I love the idea of the potluck and these last few days I was talking to my family and friends, they all agree to help with the birthday. So we are doing hamburgers and hotdog for all the children, for the adults  my grandma is making arroz con guandules (rice with beans), I'm going to make pernil (roasted pork) and my mom is making the potatoes salad...My cousins are buying the refreshment and powder drinks... and my sister in law and I are going to make cupcakes...so far this is our plan and I'm extremely happy that I can give my daughter a birthday party with the help of you guys and my family....Thank you so much!!!!

I will post photos and give an update on how the party went.

LucyHarper
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:23 PM

For my son's fifth, we are feeding everyone for under $20 and potentially could do it for less, though we don't have 65 people coming. Get a big can of lemonade or iced tea mix for $3-5, then all you need it water and you have enough to make hundreds of drinks. As for the food, home make a cake or cupcakes rather then buying them, saves a ton, buy snacks in bulk, looking online you can get 66 oz. of goldfish crackers, which goes with the fish theme, online for $13. For a meal, you can get 16 oz., about ten servings, of hamburger helper for about $2, then use ground turkey instead of hamburger, its cheaper, we've had $1 of turkey feed three people, so if its half that when mixed with the helper, you can feed six people with a dollar of hamburger meat. Might get your pricing down to something more reasonable.

jody230
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Also, don't forget pasta salad, (Pasta,italian dressing, and whatever veggies are cheap.)

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Wow

jesusismyfriend
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM

POTLUCK PARTY. Call everyone week before hand tell them that you are doing potluck for the party and in exchange for  a dish they don't have to bring presents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN