Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

homemade laudry det update

I trying to find the recipe I know it use the whole bar of soap and 5 gallon water bucket

Ok I made it and when I opened it this Moring it was kinda geled but was surround by water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Replies (21-26):
mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM

The recipe itself makes 5 gallons (the one I use, which is the Duggar recipe), then you add another 5 gallons of water to it to use it, which is how you get the 10 gallons, but only if you want to. I prefer to use mine right out of the 5 gallon bucket and just use less per load, so it is more like a concentrate.

Quoting tatinbriansmom:

So since you guys fill up half the bottle with water and half with home made soap, does the recipe actually make 10 gallons?????

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

i have not been filling half with water i been using it straight maybe i should use that i let you know how it turns out thanks 

Quoting tatinbriansmom:

So since you guys fill up half the bottle with water and half with home made soap, does the recipe actually make 10 gallons?????

tatinbriansmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Ok, thanks guys! I have almost all the ingredients I need and then I will be making my first batch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I think that is how it is supposed to be. I have never made a liquid kind because I don't like to met down the soap. I make a powder kind.

aleduus
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM

What I do is not technically not homemade soap but we like it and it really stretches the pennies.  I love the smell and cleaning of Purex powder.  I buy a big container at Wal Mart for less than $3.00 and then I add borax and washing soda and mix it all together.  I use 3 Tablespoons in each load.  It lasts for over a month and I get my nice smelling clothes. 

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I have only done powder
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN