Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Aldi's?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
  • 50 Replies

A bunch of Aldi grocery stores just opened up here. Has anyone shopped at one? I heard it was mostly canned goods.

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I've shopped at a few.  Canned goods, boxed goods, some have produce, meat, frozen, bakery goods.  You've just got to check it out for yourself.

lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM
We dont have them here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM

i shopped at one out of state and went with my sil and they have a lot of everything.

EmmasMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

All the ones near me have everything from canned goods, bottle drinks, wine, candy, seasionings/spices, milk, eggs, meats, produce, and frozen goods. Aldi's is a great place to get a lot of things. Some things are a better deal than others. We can go and get a cart full and spend like $50.

nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Never been to one, sorry

chichiwvu
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I used to shop at them a lot in college. It's mainly frozen foods and canned goods, but they also have produce, meat, milk, eggs... I hear they are the best place to get eggs for cheap. Their products are not consistent though. Like one week they'll have corn, the next week it'll be green beans. They kind of have whatever. 

They built 2 out here, but I haven't been to either yet because it's too far away for regular shopping. If you go, just make sure to bring a quarter for your cart (You'll get it back when you return it - I used to keep a quarter in my car just for the cart) and your own bags. You can get bags there, but you ahve to pay for them.  (you can also take boxes that products were sitting in)

virgochild79
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I wasn't impressed by Aldi's, especially after I had to damn near pan handle for a quarter to pay to get a buggy lol.

cole679
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM
They have non name brand everything. You have to pay 25 cents to use carts, so they don't have to hire cart boy. You get $ back when u return cart. And bring own bags or use empty boxes laying around store. Have to load on belt, cashier rings stuff up, places it back into cart then theres a counter across the way, you have to bag stuff there yourself.....we have shopped there for years. Cereals, snacks, canned veggies, fresh veggies, frozen stuff like fries, fish sticks, nuggets & waffles. I won't buy meats or cheeses there tho. I go once a month and stock up.....The first wk of month is worst time to go shopping, gov checks come out so they are very busy and you'll see some interesting individuals. We can walk out with a cart full for like $100 were you'd spend $200-250 at Meijer or Walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM

i love aldi's they have a wide variety of things...same stuff thats at a regular grocery store ...but only cheaper...a lot cheaper...

let us know if you like it

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I love Aldi's! They have just about everything a regular groccery store does except nothing name brand.Prices are awesome though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)