Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT-Six Flags tickets

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

Six Flags had a great deal on season passes.  They were on sale for 45.00 each.  My daughter, Mae, has been begging to go for the last two years.  She is 5 so I figure she is the perfect age to enjoy it.

My husband and boys don't really care for Six Flags.  My husband wasn't going to get one, but he decided he would too because he didn't want me driving that far alone with my daughter.  It is only an hour and half away...lol. 

So for three season passes and a parking pass season pass it was like 200.00!    This will be great summer fun for my daughter.  They also had a plan that breaks it up into 9 payments.  So I decided to use this.  It will be a little over 20.00 per month with the option to pay off early (at 0% interest)!!!

We decided to go ahead and splurge since we are not going on a real vacation this year.  We are going camping for 3 or 4 days during Spring Break (which is the last full week of this month).  I think we are going to take her the Sunday before..She is so excited...

I did ask the boys one more time to make sure that they didn't want to go.  They said that they had rather stay with someone and hopefully go fishing....lol.

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I used to get one every year. If you get one at the beginning of the season it's only about $5 more than the day pass plus it came with a big coupon book. I hope you all enjoy it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Valerie on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:02 AM

here, if you get it early, it works out to be the same price as 2 visits per person per each pass. definitely worth it fi you will be going more than twice.

if they even still have it, don't buy in to the "speed pass" or whatever they call it where you can plan ahead to get on a ride and avoid the lines.  its not synced up with the ride operators and you still have to wait.

LoveLiz
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM

We were thinking about it but kids are not into all the rides like roller coasters. LOL. So was looking on line and saw that sea world is only 10 dollars more. So thinking about saving for that instead.

starbeck96
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I used to get one every year. If you get one at the beginning of the season it's only about $5 more than the day pass plus it came with a big coupon book. I hope you all enjoy it

The season pass was 10.00 more than a one day pass.  And it does come with a coupon book.  the coupon book has 3 coupons that you can bring a friend free, one mother's day, one father's day, and then every sunday in one month (can't remember which month).   It also has several bring a friend for 4.99, bring a friend for 9.99 and bring a friend for 14.99.   It also has visit White water for 9.99.  So, we will probably use that one too..

They also have a New Meal Deal.  It is not nearly as good as the one at Universal though, and it is still on the high side, so we will probably just take a picnic lunch.... They do have a drink deal also though.  You can get a big sipper cup for 15.00 or 2 for 24.00 (I think).  Then you get free refills the day you buy it and 99 cent refills the rest of the year.  So we will probably do the drink deal..

starbeck96
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting matreshka:

here, if you get it early, it works out to be the same price as 2 visits per person per each pass. definitely worth it fi you will be going more than twice.

if they even still have it, don't buy in to the "speed pass" or whatever they call it where you can plan ahead to get on a ride and avoid the lines.  its not synced up with the ride operators and you still have to wait.

Normally that is about what it is here too.  But this year they have the special.  A regular ticket online was 35.00 and I paid 45.00 for season passes so it was only 10.00 more..

yeah, I've read about those "speed passes" and knew that it was just a way for them to make money...

starbeck96
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Quoting LoveLiz:

We were thinking about it but kids are not into all the rides like roller coasters. LOL. So was looking on line and saw that sea world is only 10 dollars more. So thinking about saving for that instead.

I really want to go to Sea World but it is an 8 hour ride for us.  Six Flags is only an hour and half from us..

We are thinking about taking our daughter to Disney and Sea World either next year or year after next..

KairisMama
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I live 25 min from six flags and love the season pass. Sooo worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbeck96
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Quoting KairisMama:

Which Six Flags are you near.  We about an hour and a half from the one in Atlanta. 

We've had the season passes before, when my boys were younger.  They just got to the point that they didn't like going anymore.  They don't like the roller coasters so we just quit getting them. 

Now since my daughter wants to go, we just went ahead and got them.  The boys said they didn't want one, so they will stay with someone when we take my daughter...

They are definitely worth it if you go at least 2 times, especially for 45.00!!!  The booklet also comes with a coupon to get into White Water for 9.99.  So, we will definitely use that also...

KairisMama
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Gurnee, illinois. I started taking dd at age 2 for we enjoyed wiggle world and the water park. I have not gone the past 2 summers due to having a new born then a fresh 1 yo. This year I think I'll get passes again.
Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting KairisMama:

Which Six Flags are you near.  We about an hour and a half from the one in Atlanta. 

We've had the season passes before, when my boys were younger.  They just got to the point that they didn't like going anymore.  They don't like the roller coasters so we just quit getting them. 

Now since my daughter wants to go, we just went ahead and got them.  The boys said they didn't want one, so they will stay with someone when we take my daughter...

They are definitely worth it if you go at least 2 times, especially for 45.00!!!  The booklet also comes with a coupon to get into White Water for 9.99.  So, we will definitely use that also...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbeck96
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

Gurnee, illinois. I started taking dd at age 2 for we enjoyed wiggle world and the water park. I have not gone the past 2 summers due to having a new born then a fresh 1 yo. This year I think I'll get passes again.
Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting KairisMama:

Our Six Flags didn't get the little water park in ours until probably 3 or 4 years ago...It is not much though, just a bunch of slides.  But, I know my daughter is going to love it.  I figure we can go to it to cool off on warm days...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)