Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Six Flags had a great deal on season passes.  They were on sale for 45.00 each.  My daughter, Mae, has been begging to go for the last two years.  She is 5 so I figure she is the perfect age to enjoy it.

My husband and boys don't really care for Six Flags.  My husband wasn't going to get one, but he decided he would too because he didn't want me driving that far alone with my daughter.  It is only an hour and half away...lol. 

So for three season passes and a parking pass season pass it was like 200.00!    This will be great summer fun for my daughter.  They also had a plan that breaks it up into 9 payments.  So I decided to use this.  It will be a little over 20.00 per month with the option to pay off early (at 0% interest)!!!

We decided to go ahead and splurge since we are not going on a real vacation this year.  We are going camping for 3 or 4 days during Spring Break (which is the last full week of this month).  I think we are going to take her the Sunday before..She is so excited...

I did ask the boys one more time to make sure that they didn't want to go.  They said that they had rather stay with someone and hopefully go fishing....lol.

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-14):
specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM

We used to get the season passes for Sea World San Antonio, which is only 60 miles from us.  It's way cheaper than paying every time you go.  We haven't done it that past couple of years because we've done family cruises instead.

starbeck96
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Quoting specialwingz:

We used to get the season passes for Sea World San Antonio, which is only 60 miles from us.  It's way cheaper than paying every time you go.  We haven't done it that past couple of years because we've done family cruises instead.

A family cruise sounds like so much fun!!  I wish we could do that, but my husband is not crazy about being in a boat...lol.  If my boys are anywhere near water, they want to be fishing..lol.

I guess when my daughter is older, me and her will have to go alone..lol.

I went to Sea World when I was younger (almost 20 years ago)..I want to take my kids to Sea World so bad.  We would go to the one in Orlando since it is the closest.  It is still 8 hours away though...If we went, I would love to have about a week and half so we could visit Sea World, Wet n Wild, and Universal Studios..  My daughter wants to go to disney but I just don't know if I want to spend all that money to stand in line most of the time...lol.  The boys have said that they don't want to go to Disney..But they are 14 and they don't like rides so they may have a boring time...lol.

chrisnjoesmom
Getting ready for the WW open house Saturday! Hope they like my decorations!
Yesterday at 8:49 PM
by Adrienne on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:41 PM

We have gotten season passes to the one in San Antonio, it is a great park for the whole family, there were lots of rides for all of us to go on together.  But it is 4 hours from us so we never did it again, lol.  We went several times the year we had it, though.  I prefer to go in October when the weather is perfect and it isnt as crowded.

starbeck96
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

We have gotten season passes to the one in San Antonio, it is a great park for the whole family, there were lots of rides for all of us to go on together.  But it is 4 hours from us so we never did it again, lol.  We went several times the year we had it, though.  I prefer to go in October when the weather is perfect and it isnt as crowded.

Yeah I know what you mean.  The weather here has been a little warm, but not to the point that it is suffocating..lol.  We jsut had a cool snap and the highs were in the high 60s and low 70's.  It went back up to 81 today.  But I can deal with that alot better than 95 with 100% humidity...

We are planning on going this coming Sunday if it doesn't rain.  That way it wont be too hot...At least they do have the small water park inside so we can cool off when we need to...

We probably won't go much at all June-August.  If we do go, we will go for a few hours in the morning and then again in the evening...That way we miss the hottest part of teh day.  We would just go shopping and probably eat during the time we are waiting...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)