Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Saving for Las Vegas!! *UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I got married almost 5 years ago (Dec 9th) and we didn't really have a real honeymoon, just one night so I have been wanting to take a trip with just him and I somewhere cool without the kids, to kind of celebrate 5 years being married. But our anniversary is in the middle of the crazy birthday/holiday season so I am planning it for October instead. I am SO excited to go. We need roughly $1500 for the hotel/plane tickets/spending money and it feels like it will take forever to save that much!! But I have a little time too, lol. I have been trying to be really good about not eating out, buying expensive food and unneccesary things, etc.

I work for a friend of mine doing scanning because she wants to go paperless but has about 10 5 drawer filing cabinets full of files so I have lots of work to do to earn money which is good. All of those paychecks are going into our vegas fund and the money we have direct deposited into savings from DH's paychecks is going towards birthday/christmas money. There are 4 birthdays, our wedding anniversary and chirstmas between November and January so it is an expensive time for us. Gotta plan ahead!!!

Anyway, I welcome any ideas on how I can further pinch pennies to save as much as I can.

Well it turns out DH doesn't want to go to Vegas but we are still going to go somewhere else so I still need to save money. I don't know where though so I don't know how much to save. Dang him! LOL!

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Replies (11-12):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

We went to Vegas last summer for $650.00 for a family of 5, my teenager was with his dad and hopefully will go next time. We even got to see the Titanic Exhibit at the Luxor. It is 28.00 per person and WORTH it, they try to upsell you for 55.00 have Titanic and Bodies( Bodies isn't our thing.)  When you buy your ticket they give you a boarding pass with a name, at the end you can see on the wall if that person lived or perished. There is a small gift shop where you can buy photos of you in front of the Big piece or Staircase or both. This was my gift from hubby, and where we spent the most money. We also bought 6 second class plates.

We also visited the Hoover Dam, which was fun

We hit up so many free attractions- M&M factory, Cesars Place, Ethel M chocolate Factory, Sirens of TI( Treasure Island is a MUST) stand back because it is a wet and hot show. We saw the Valcano at the Mirage, stayed at the the Silverton which was off the strip, but has a large aquarium. (uploading the videos to Youtube)

AND beward of these people. I took a photo and didn't realize you are supposed to pay for a photo. They stand on the street, so beware that is an extra cost.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:58 AM

use hotwire.com for booking. they have always been good for me on deals.  sounds like you are doing everything else you can. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)