Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Saving for Las Vegas!! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

DH and I got married almost 5 years ago (Dec 9th) and we didn't really have a real honeymoon, just one night so I have been wanting to take a trip with just him and I somewhere cool without the kids, to kind of celebrate 5 years being married. But our anniversary is in the middle of the crazy birthday/holiday season so I am planning it for October instead. I am SO excited to go. We need roughly $1500 for the hotel/plane tickets/spending money and it feels like it will take forever to save that much!! But I have a little time too, lol. I have been trying to be really good about not eating out, buying expensive food and unneccesary things, etc.

I work for a friend of mine doing scanning because she wants to go paperless but has about 10 5 drawer filing cabinets full of files so I have lots of work to do to earn money which is good. All of those paychecks are going into our vegas fund and the money we have direct deposited into savings from DH's paychecks is going towards birthday/christmas money. There are 4 birthdays, our wedding anniversary and chirstmas between November and January so it is an expensive time for us. Gotta plan ahead!!!

Anyway, I welcome any ideas on how I can further pinch pennies to save as much as I can.

Well it turns out DH doesn't want to go to Vegas but we are still going to go somewhere else so I still need to save money. I don't know where though so I don't know how much to save. Dang him! LOL!

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopealways4019
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like to me, you already got how to save, all figured out. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting hopealways4019:

Sounds like to me, you already got how to save, all figured out. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM

look up five dollar meals and under and make a meal plan

mem82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Save all your five dollar bills. 8) I've heard that, that adds up fast.

jessicaaris
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM

We hardly ever use cash so that probably wouldn't get me much, LOL. Thanks anyway though :)

Quoting mem82:

Save all your five dollar bills. 8) I've heard that, that adds up fast.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Not sure if you have already booked but check out Fatwallet.com and search forums for vegas hotels and you can get super cheap nice hotel rooms.  I am posting the link but not sure if it will take you exactly there.  

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/search/results.php?query=vegas&type=forums&forum=18&match=titles

There are ticket booths that sell discounted show tickets the day of the show, if you go in the morning you can get pretty good tickets for cheap.  One is by the M&M store.  

For now I would make a budget and see anywhere you can cut back and really work at it to save up!  Ooh, it is so fun to go there!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

PS-make sure the hotel is on the strip!

Mommy2Nia
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, Definitely stay on the strip! It is lots of fun just walking the strip. That is free. I also recommend checking out a couple timeshare programs while you are there. My hubby and I did this and ended up with free tickets to a great comedy show and a dinner show. All it cost us was some time. We were there almost a week so it was really more of a time filler.
nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM

good luck and congrats

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:01 PM

my husband and I got married in August... it'll be 5 years this August and we didn't have a honeymoon either. MIL and FIL took our son for the night of the wedding, but that's all we had.

I would love to do a honeymoon this year for our anniversary, nothing as exciting at Vegas probably, maybe not even leaving upstate NY.... but I want to do something. I guess I should save too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)