Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Money Saving Ideas-Homemade Household Products

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM
  • 20 Replies

I recently started making my own laundry detergent. I got the recipe off of Pinterest although I believe I have seen it posted here as well. I was really impressed with how it turned out and it will save me a lot of money. This got me wondering what are some products that you have tried to make and how did the products turn out? Was the product as good as the brand name? I am thinking of trying to make foaming soap with another recipe that I found on Pinterest.

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackelineEllis
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM
thats great

kabrooks
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I use the laundry soap too and love it...I know there are alot of cleaners you can make with vinegar but I dont remember the ratios...

mammapav
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I love making my own stuff.

Mommy2Nia
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I want to try some cleaning supplies.
luckymom2010bja
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:33 AM

I know I'm new here but i happen to be making a collection of recipies on things from cleaners to even beauty products... any paticular items I should post?

mommy-of-a-miracle

chrissysnow22
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:37 AM
I make all my stuff. For all purpose cleaner I use 2c. Water 2.cup vinegar and a few drops of essential oil in a spray bottle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I do the same and it smells sooo good. I am very sensitive to cleaners and artifical scents and its been wonderful to clean without breaking out into hives.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I make all my stuff. For all purpose cleaner I use 2c. Water 2.cup vinegar and a few drops of essential oil in a spray bottle.

chrissysnow22
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I have always hated the chemical scents as well since I started making my own I enjoy cleaning more

Quoting matreshka:

I do the same and it smells sooo good. I am very sensitive to cleaners and artifical scents and its been wonderful to clean without breaking out into hives.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM

awesome

CourtneyCS
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I ordered a few essential oils last week, I cannot wait until they come in. I am going to try this cleaner. I also found a great recipe for foaming hand soap that I tried and it turned out really well.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)