Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Savings and/or plan

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM
  • 27 Replies

Have you made any changes this month to save money? Or have plans to? Please share! 
(Sorry I just got my second wind about an hour ago and I'm on a money saving high tonight haha) 

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:09 AM
We will be switch car insurance companies on the 30th. It will save us about $60 a month.
I decided yesterday no more sponges. I realized I was spending about $5 a month on them because I'm so anal about the kind I use and I use 1 for dishes 1 for the table and counters and throw it out after a month. Bought a packet of 4 dish washing towels for $2 and cut up and old towel for rags to clean.
I'm quitting smoking and DH is quitting dipping, saves about $120/month.
The end of this month/beginning of next we will be cloth diapering, saves about $35/month.
Im trying to get DH on board with no fast food or take out. Hasn't gone over well with him but it'd save us about $30-40/month.
In July after our move I'm making my own laundry detergent. Also when we run out of cleaning supplies ill be making my own.not sure how much that'll save yet.
When our phone contract is up were switching companies and it'll save us about $70 or more a month.
When we move well be looking to live off base which will mean his bah would cover part of another bill, but he also will be getting extra move every month cause he's airborne so that'll help as well.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't done a lot of this before, its all simple stuff we could have changed easily and been saving so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I am always looking for ways to save money. Hubby usually tells me what he is looking for and I find the lowest price. Everything gets reused, and if nice things are given for free I do take them. 

mammapav
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:58 AM

No nothing different this month but I am always looking for way to save money.

chrissysnow22
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Always looking as well but we have no new plans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Nothing different this month than from any other month.

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I made my own laundry det this month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I cut all my dryer sheets in half

kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I'm excited to start.
How'd it go? How much was the start up material (if you don't mind me asking)?

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

I made my own laundry det this month

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Me too... Except I've been trying to use up the liquid and DH has been switching laundry for me and adding a dryer sheet (even when he's standing next to me when I use the liquid).....

Quoting nmaxwell816:

I cut all my dryer sheets in half

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mzmoore77
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I saved all the scrap soap bars when they get real small. I crushed them and placed them in a soap pump container with a little hot water. This is now hand soap.Which will save aproximately 20 dollars a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)