Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training 101

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

Okay I have 2 boys that are 8 and 9.  I've been down this road before.  My step son is going to be 3 in a few weeks and I've been trying to introduce this but he wants NOTHING to do with it.

Anyone have a good ideas???

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Can your hubby show him the joys of peeing with a hose? LOL Some cheerios or fruit loop shooting? HA!

KenzieQsMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I can send you the ebook three day potty training but the gist is this:

You make the decision to be done with diapers and you don't give in. For days you let him be bottomless and accidents will happen. When they do you sit him in the toilet and reinforce what its there for. Eventually he'll get it and whenever he does make a HUGE deal out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Goo question. My ds has shown interest I just haven't had the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck, I potty trained my stepson, there was a lot of fits, poop smeared on walls and just about anything else you could imagine, had est month of my life, luckily DD at 18 months wants to go potty, just trying to figure out pooping...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

my 19 month old is showing signs that he is interested but only with pooping.

nailz98
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is 3 too, and does not want anything to do with the potty either. She knows when she has to go, just doesn't want to go on the potty.

EDDES
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

sidesplittinglaughterHe is so Cute and that is so funny; he is going to get it probably sooner than later. lightbulbA good idea is to let him see u go on the potty, as an example to him and then the questions will come with that but that is part of learning and learning is part of life. 

He will get it. You will see how he starts showing some interest in the potty.

Babies learning stuff is just so cute.......I love it.blowing bubbles

specialwingz
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I built a little step stool and had them (twins!) aim at Cheerios in the toilet. Worked wonders!

As for pooping, they loved books.  So, reading on the potty at poop time became the thing for them.

nmaxwell816
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Oh yeah- Dh has tried that.  Stepson doesn't care for the cheerio trick and all he does it watch DH and say..daddy got a winker and then laughs...I think he's more amused at seeing the equipment.

Quoting mem82:

Can your hubby show him the joys of peeing with a hose? LOL Some cheerios or fruit loop shooting? HA!

nmaxwell816
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

He told me the potty is broken and he can't pee in it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)