Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

on days like today, my crock pot saves me money

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was gone all day on a field trip, in the heat then spent an hour at my DS school for his spring fling. I knew I would be tired and probably busy with Jacob. So I put ribs in the crock pot with a little BBQ sauce before I left this morn. I knew if I didn't I would prolly pick up some food on the way home. The best part about the ribs is that we got them free, dh is a trucj stop manager and when drivers have loads refused they give them to the employees.

I cooked a box of pasta roni and added some baby carrots and boiled okra.

What did you do for dinner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Oh I'm having strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Strawberries were fresh picked from the farm. Which was included in the cost of the field trip
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I used my crockpot too!  We had spicy roast chicken (crockpot) with seasoned potatoes (made from scratch, cooked in the microwave) and home canned green beans.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Homemade pizza
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM
I see you do a lot of your own canning and jarring. You have a recipe for strawberry jam or jelly? I got a flat last weekend at the strawberry festival, I have 3 containers from that in the freezer and I.got another flat today. They are so cheap now. Especially getting them straight from the farm.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I used my crockpot too!  We had spicy roast chicken (crockpot) with seasoned potatoes (made from scratch, cooked in the microwave) and home canned green beans.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I use Ball's packet for No-Cook Freezer Jam.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

I see you do a lot of your own canning and jarring. You have a recipe for strawberry jam or jelly? I got a flat last weekend at the strawberry festival, I have 3 containers from that in the freezer and I.got another flat today. They are so cheap now. Especially getting them straight from the farm.

Quoting michiganmom116:

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Oh that looks good, what's the price and where can I find it?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Price will depend on where you shop (I paid $1.49 to $1.99/pkt.) and you can find it near the other pectins in the canning section.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Oh that looks good, what's the price and where can I find it?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Cschmura
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Ds had left over crock pot ribs and I had a grilled ham and cheese for dinner.  I wish ds got to go to a farm for his field trip.  He went to the zoo on Monday.

starbeck96
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Me, DH, and my daughter had a free for all night..lol.  Eat what you can find..lol.

The boys went fishing with their Paw Paw and he took them out to eat..

matreshka
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Use the crock pot a lot during winter but not so much in the warmer months.  Tonight we are having pizza because I have been chasing my 19 mo old around all day. terrible 2's!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)