Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Crockpot yogurt flavors question.

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I ran across a receipe on mom on a mission for crockpot yogurt. It came out fine looks like plain yogurt. Was so very easy. I just made sure to let it set up longer because I had 2% milk not whole.

Any ideas on ways to flavor it. Hubby likes strawberry. I put in some defrosted strawberries from the freezer and some gelatin, was a suggestion I saw.

Any other ideas on how to flavor, better way to flavor? It seems to taste ok but I don't want to eat it, and I know part of that is just being prego.

the link to the receipe if anyone want it is http://momonamission.me/?p=2066

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I'd stick with just adding fruit or fruit preserves.  I've also used pure vanilla with a bit of sugar for a plain vanilla.

babynurse454
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I eat about 30 containers of cherry yoplait light yogurt a week! That is my basic food staple, I really need to make my own, cherry only. I will have to explore this more, Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I would mix honey or nutella into before you eat it.

specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM

We make our own yogurt, too.  We always mix fresh fruit into it.  A little honey or sugar sweetens it nicely, too.  If fresh isn't in season, we use frozen fruit or preserves.

gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:24 PM

It is SOOO easy! I didn't think it would be. Put it on at 1, turned it off at 3, at 6 mixed in a box of vanilla pudding and the starter with some of the warm milk, mixed that back in with the rest, checked it this morning. Done.

I didn't even measure the milk, just eyeballed it. Not sure why I never tried it before. Now I have a half gallon of yogurt.

Quoting babynurse454:

I eat about 30 containers of cherry yoplait light yogurt a week! That is my basic food staple, I really need to make my own, cherry only. I will have to explore this more, Thanks.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

wow that is so cool

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Use a different pudding flavor.  Can you imagine what it would be like if you used pumpkin, butterscotch, or lemon?

Quoting gumeshoe:

It is SOOO easy! I didn't think it would be. Put it on at 1, turned it off at 3, at 6 mixed in a box of vanilla pudding and the starter with some of the warm milk, mixed that back in with the rest, checked it this morning. Done.

I didn't even measure the milk, just eyeballed it. Not sure why I never tried it before. Now I have a half gallon of yogurt.

Quoting babynurse454:

gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

It is because it is SOO easy.

Last night I got some in a bowl and for lack of fresh fruit put in strawberry preserves. That worked better than the jello. Figure best way is fresh strawberries and put sugar on them so they are that sugary goopy wonderfulness and put that in. But I am not so patient sometimes. :)

It is just a bit tart without some sort of sugar. But figure I will have this all figured out how we like it before I make the other half gallon.

Quoting aneela:

wow that is so cool

gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Or banana and then add strawberries to it. Maybe a banana or two.

Hubby is stuck up and only wants strawberries. :p

Quoting michiganmom116:

Use a different pudding flavor.  Can you imagine what it would be like if you used pumpkin, butterscotch, or lemon?

Quoting gumeshoe:

Quoting babynurse454:

chrissysnow22
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I think I wanna go home and make some yogurt now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)