Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Try before you buy Nook

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

Barnes & Noble is doing a great thing IMO.  I was there today looking at the nook and they let you hang out in the store with one for an hour, they just take your license and put it in a lockbox.  It was great that I was able to test one out without having a salesperson hovering over me.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM

And...your review........

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I never used a tablet or reader before.  I was with LO at the time and we downloaded a Sandra Boynton book that was interactive.  I love National geographic and that comes with some great animation and ways to view the maps in their issues.

I tried downloading a game app but it failed.

Getting online was very fast. I would say my only issue and I am not sure if this is once since I never used one of these products before was that to DL a book or magazine it took a noticeably long time.

I am still unsure if I will get it, but that is my nature with anything over $20 lol

Quoting specialwingz:

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM

That's really nice, but I don't want a nook not worth it for me.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Quoting AzariahsMother:

That's really nice, but I don't want a nook not worth it for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm, with my Kindle, the downloads are almost instant.

Quoting matreshka:

I never used a tablet or reader before.  I was with LO at the time and we downloaded a Sandra Boynton book that was interactive.  I love National geographic and that comes with some great animation and ways to view the maps in their issues.

Getting online was very fast. I would say my only issue and I am not sure if this is once since I never used one of these products before was that to DL a book or magazine it took a noticeably long time.

I am still unsure if I will get it, but that is my nature with anything over $20 lol

Quoting specialwingz:

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I have the nook, the original one. Downloads don't take to long for me and I get tons of Genealogy/Scrapbooking books. It all depends on the wifi you are connected to and how many downloads are already on there. It is like a computer, you overload it and have a slow connection it won't be fast.

Now I am glad that they offer a chance to look at it. My husband liked his friends Nook so he bought one for both of us. I don't use mine as often as maybe I should. I use my phone more often.

scherrie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM

sounds great so how did you like it

CafeMom Tickers
nmaxwell816
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM

interesting...what did you think?

matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Overall, meh.  It seemed to take forever to dl stuff.

Quoting nmaxwell816:

interesting...what did you think?

chichiwvu
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Yeah. My kindle is the same. Very quick. Of course I don't have color or anything. It could be the connection where you were at.

Quoting specialwingz:

Hmmm, with my Kindle, the downloads are almost instant.

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting specialwingz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN