Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

clothesline?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 17 Replies
Do you have one?

What is it like?

What do you use to hang your clothes on it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I wish I had one we live in the city this is part of the reason I want to move
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alieda
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:11 PM
No would use if it did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM
I have a small wooden rack i use on nice days for towels and such
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bangle
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I do, I hang everything out.  In the winter I use wooden drying racks on the deck and still hang everything.  Yes towels and undies too!!  

specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I used to when I lived in OK and MN.  But, here in TX, when have an over population of Grackles that sit and poop on everything !!  Nobody dries laundry outside around here.

dsebastian23
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM

yes and we hand everything, but I take down when almost dry and put in dryer cause I hate when they are stiff. I would clothes pins.

mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I don't dry anything outside because of DH's allergy to pollens, but I do hang dry inside instead, and I use this rack:

lexipooh78
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I just got one and I hang most things out on it. I don't do socks, underwear, or the bedding right now on it.  The bedding I don't do because I just have one line and it isn't high enough. The socks and underwear I don't do because they are a pain to hang up. lol.  I am really looking forward to seeing how it helps our electric bill this summer.

zombimomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM

We're in an apt, so I hang things up to dry right in the closet. I do the wash in the wash in the morning, and by the next morning everything is dry.

CharlotteD235
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM

certainy have one,cannot imagine not hanging sheets,arger items,they just smell so good,save a ton of electicity/gas.It is also a way of excerise bending stretching.

Ok a lot of people think I have totally lost my mind,hanging clothes.I do use the dryer in bad weather, or if I am lazy, but rarely do use it.

Since moving from Jersey to Fla 2 years ago I use it even less,no cold/snow here.

Alot of times I would do laundry after work,hang out and take it down after work the following afternoon

Char

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)