Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

reusable shopping bags...yes or no?

Posted by   + Show Post

i like them... shopping

i use mine when i shop at aldi's...

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
lillucky8
by Jen on May. 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I love them, just wish i remembered to bring.them more.often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleacorn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:03 AM

I love them.  I get $0.05 a bag off my Target purchases and it takes fewer trips to bring everything in after shopping trips since they fit a lot more stuff.  Lot smaller risk of them breaking at bad time too.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:04 AM
Nope

2girlz9808
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:39 AM

My trunk if full of bags! I actual think I have a bit of an obsession. I love to buy cute bags when I see them. I probably have at least 30 bags in my car! I have 5 insulated bags too. Perfect for the hot summers here in the south. I use them on a regular basis. I do still get plastic bags on occasion just so I have a small stock of them around the house. I like to use them for the bathroom garbage.

mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I use reuseable bags. I have the same set of canvas bags I bought 20 years ago, plus a whole bunch of the newer style bags that I got for free from various places & promotions (the free bags don't hold up as well as my canvas bags have). I also have a few insulated bags that I did pay for, but only .99 cents each, that I can use for things that need to be kept cold or frozen.

In addition to the grocery bags, I have 3 bags that scrunch up into themselves that fit nicely in the bottom of my purse or that I can keep in the car. I use these bags for shopping at other stores than grocery stores & they're great for taking to flea markets & garage sales, too, because they are small & lightweight & I'm never caught w/o a bag.

Stazzi
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Am I the only one that hates them? They are made in China and have toxins in them. YUCK! I make my own from recycled t-shirts and use them for all of my shopping, everywhere I go. Groceries, clothing, bread store, etc. Everywhere! and I get to embroider cute designs on them. If they get dirty or stinky, I can just toss them in the wash with our clothes. 

momto3isme
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM
I like using them
Peephy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Haha, I end up using them for everything else other than shopping - kids treats, books, etc.

~Let go, and Let God~

CreziaMommyTo2
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM

yes and i love that they are washable.. i wash mine after every use

stuffedquiver
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I see them as a win-win-win, here's why:

plastic- gr8 for beach day, potty training, must-have diaper bag item, reusable garbage basket liners, (so much more), and plarn.

paper- our recycling man accepts nothing else, nothing better for shipping packages, better than paper towels for your greasy foods, awsome gift tags, (so much more), and paper recycling receptacle.

reusable- get them free with some products, at fairs, etc. when the frail cheap ones break, use for garage sale or donation bag as one last hurrah.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN