Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
For all my unwanted items that are sitting around my house. I email salvation army for a free pickup. It keeps me be clutter free and give back at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Replies (11-14):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I also had them listed on craigslist. The day I donated them to the womens shelter, I went to my parents house to use their computer to remove the add and I had an email from someone who was willing to pay $60 to get them there were 2 big plastic cans of the regular, and one regular size can of the special stuff for babies with gas. I was a little supprised the shelter took them. The low income ministry, salvation army, or any of the food banks wouldn't take them.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Man I bf exclusively and NO shelter would take the cans of formula I was always given =/ I hated that. They were unopened but they called them a liability along with all of the clothes and toys I wanted to donate.

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

I just box/bag everything up and fill the car. Then drop everything off at goodwill or the food pantry, depending on what it is. A couple years ago I also make a formula donation to the womens shelter. I had several unopened cans of similac formula I got free in the mail that I never used. Ds was breastfed almost exclusively, and that's the only place that would take them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
There isn't a minimum that I know of. You just go online and enter all you want to give and they give you a date.

Quoting autiemama516:

Great! Thanks for letting us know! Do you have to have a certain amount of goods or will they come for a fewboxes?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Thanks so much!

Quoting chrissysnow22:

There isn't a minimum that I know of. You just go online and enter all you want to give and they give you a date.

Quoting autiemama516:

Great! Thanks for letting us know! Do you have to have a certain amount of goods or will they come for a fewboxes?

chrissysnow22
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM
No problem.

Quoting autiemama516:

Thanks so much!

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Quoting autiemama516:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)