Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Frugal (but yummy) recipes

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am looking for frugal, but yummy recipes. I have a family of 7 to feed. It can be so pricey. I am looking for all kinds of recipes, even desserts and snacks. Any feedback is welcomes!!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heathercm26
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Make two noxes of mac and cheese. Use the cheap kind. 1.50

Add a can of corn 1.00

A pound of hamburger optional

Then add a jar of spegetti sauce. Just dump it in. 1.50 ( hint: a large can of spegetti sauce is cheaper then a jar) 0.88 at menards.
Thats 4 bucks plus hamburger.

Easily enough for 7 people. Amazingly this is not much like spegetti.

You can add an onion or mushrooms or peas or whatever. I also find that this is awesom for getimg rid of other ingredients like....the last of the sour cream or cream cheese or regular cheese. I have put the last of a jar pr alfredo in it. Left over mixed veggies.

You can also put it a can of stewed tomatoes if you want. Just toss stuff in that you would normally toss. But i usually just make it with the normal stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathercm26
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Make muffins or oatmeal cookies....so cheap and not terrible for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathercm26
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM
The biggest savings for groceries is to have stuff ready so you dont eat out or take out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathercm26
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Bananna bread. Google it. Cost is about a dollar a loaf. Make two or make several so when you run out just take one out of the freezer. Simple cheap ingredients.. no yeast. No rising or kneading. Its as simple as makeing chocolate chip cookies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:43 AM

pasta to your liking, boneless and skinless chicken breasts, alfredo sauce and a veggie of your liking (I like to use broccoli, asparagus or peas).  I guess you would need a few boxes of pasta set to boil.  I usually add a little salt and a dash of olive oil to flavor and keep the pasta from sticking together.  Cut up the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and then cook through with spices to your liking (I usually use garlic, pepper, onion powder, oregano and basil), make your own or use from the jar alfredo sauce and add to the cooked chicken, then add the veggies and simmer for about 20 minutes and serve over pasta.

littleacorn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:48 AM

My blog has tons of them.  I have a family of 5-6 and almost always have plenty of leftovers, so you shouldn't even need to adjust quantities most of the time.

queenbree545
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM

There's a sticky post at the top of this forum that's loaded with frugal recipes:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/112383/forums/read/12560800/Share_your_Frugalista_recipes

lyrick24
by Melissa on May. 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

i can give you one of mine. its pig n the blankets and sausage biscuits for breakfast. i buy a can of cheap biscuits 1.50 at walmart and two boxes of brown n serve sausage links 2.00 at walmart. 1 pack of hotdogs for 88 cent at walmart and french fries the cheap ones and applesauce. take two cans of biscuits and wrap the sausage links in them and bake. add applesauce as a side. makes 20 sausage biscuits. slice the hotdogs width wise and wrap in the other two cans of biscuits and bake. makes 16 pig in the blankets and fry up the french fries. there you have breakfast and supper.

mom-1kids-3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM

check out this website for some cheap meals.  http://www.5dollardinners.com/recipes

No it is not my site just one I use a lot!!

dloand3kids
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN