Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

SO MAD AT HUBBY for over spending

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:19 AM
  • 35 Replies

I am so mad right now he went to hang out with his brother tonight so he spent 50 dollars... Why am I so mad we just sat down for HOURS last night to come up with a budget that we agreed on and have been really deicated to this we promised each other we wouldn't spend money and yet he spends 50 dollars So bummed. 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I am sorry
chrissysnow22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry. Dh used to do that a lot. Do you have spending money in your budget?
We have spending money and we also have a specifies amount that if we want to go over then we need to consult our other half.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

it is a process that takes time to get used to.  You cannot change a habit overnight!

lyrick24
by Melissa on May. 3, 2012 at 7:53 AM

thats just not right.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on May. 3, 2012 at 8:33 AM
agree with this. dh and I are working harder on keeping a budget. And save for summer events and back to school stuff so we aren't strapped in August/September. Its hard though but we got tired of having broke moments in the past.

Quoting MixedCooke:

it is a process that takes time to get used to.  You cannot change a habit overnight!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicoal4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I am so sorry. Dh used to do that a lot. Do you have spending money in your budget?
We have spending money and we also have a specifies amount that if we want to go over then we need to consult our other half.

We do have spending money for weekend nights for our treats chocolate and soda kinda stuff PLUS we budget so that he could get these 4.00 breakfast sandwichs at work that he loves. PLUS we budget a camping fund. 

nicoal4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

BUT the very next day after we spent HOURS going over it and I drove to 5 different stores unloading kids to get the things we need to MAKE homemade products so we are saving on home prodect and the 5 stores so we are saving on those items needed to make those products I would understand in a few weeks a slip up but the VERY next day 

matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I could write a post like this myself.  I just checked our bank account and DH has been ordering about 2 records every day online.  I understand he wants to replace his collection that was "lost" by his dad but it impacts everyone else here in the house too. 

It makes me angry because when I want something he'll start talking about the budget.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:29 AM

This is always a good thing to have, we have it too, but DH usually ends up using it on himself.

I always tell him what I intend to get but he never tells me.  I would just like a heads up, not like its him asking for permission.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

MayraB123
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM
You need to sit down and talk to him about how you feel and whats not right because if you dont he will do it over and over again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)