Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I'm looking for

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM
  • 17 Replies
A washer and dryer. The house we ae moving to has a washer and dryer hook up. All I know is I want one I an totally clueless to what brands are best. Front loader, top loader? I do know I don't want a stackable.

Help me out ladies what brand do you have and what is a good price?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on May. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Man I wish I could help....we rent and have a laundry facility. I hate it!!! Lucky you!! :)

chichiwvu
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I have a HE maytag w/d set. I think it was close to $500 for each one. but that was a few years ago. I LOVE my washer. I suggest top loader HE because they are usually agitator free and double capacity (I can wash my king sized comforters no problem) If you are looking for cheapest up front costs, you might be able to find discontinued models.

AzariahsMother
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Im like you I dont know whats best just kind of go with whats priced in the middle. Maybe check craigslist out, or buy new but scoop different places before you buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IraqiVetWife
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Brand doesnt matter to us. Hubby was taught by his granddad how to fix them.

So sometimes we even take broken ones free fix them cheap.

We dont have hook ups now so we use the Wonder Washer snd hsng dry.
chrissysnow22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Nice. I think I want top loader too. I would love to be able to wash my comforters too.

Quoting chichiwvu:

I have a HE maytag w/d set. I think it was close to $500 for each one. but that was a few years ago. I LOVE my washer. I suggest top loader HE because they are usually agitator free and double capacity (I can wash my king sized comforters no problem) If you are looking for cheapest up front costs, you might be able to find discontinued models.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM
We have roper. They were my gmas. She moved to a senior housing place with washer and dryer furnished so we got her old ones. They work great. I would love to get he ones sometime in the future. Its on my bucket list. (I know ts rett lame t have appliances to get. On a bucket list. Lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Well I'm moving from a duplex with no washer dryer at all! I'm so happy.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Man I wish I could help....we rent and have a laundry facility. I hate it!!! Lucky you!! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Lucky you! Dh is do not handy.

Quoting IraqiVetWife:

Brand doesnt matter to us. Hubby was taught by his granddad how to fix them.

So sometimes we even take broken ones free fix them cheap.

We dont have hook ups now so we use the Wonder Washer snd hsng dry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Sounds like my list lol

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

We have roper. They were my gmas. She moved to a senior housing place with washer and dryer furnished so we got her old ones. They work great. I would love to get he ones sometime in the future. Its on my bucket list. (I know ts rett lame t have appliances to get. On a bucket list. Lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

MIL bought us a front loader and i hate it!!!!! i miss my top loader sooo much!!!!!!! the front loaders do not drain as effeciently as top loaders so if you do not run a cleaning cycle every once in a while it can start to smell BAD!!! just an fyi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)