Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Meal Plan for the week of May 13-19th

Posted by   + Show Post
Share your week here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Replies (11-16):
queenbree545
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Can I come to your house for the rest of the week?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Total grocery costs for this week were $51.60.

May 13 – 19, 2012

Sunday:

breakfast – sausage/spinach/cheddar fritatta, oranges

lunch – creamy ham & broccoli soup, garlic flaxseed (grain-free) bread

dinner - chili cheese bake/tossed salad

Monday:

breakfast – ham & egg “muffins”, tomato slices

lunch – leftovers from Sunday dinner

dinner – hoisin-glazed pork chops/oriental coleslaw

Tuesday:

breakfast – peachy banana crepes

lunch – pizza soup, garlic flaxseed (grain-free) bread

dinner - honey mustard chicken/oven fries/green beans

Wednesday:

breakfast – chocolate grain-free granola, oranges

lunch – tuna patties, side salad

dinner - frosted meatloaf/green beans/tossed salad

Thursday:

breakfast – mexican omelet

lunch – leftovers from Wednesday dinner or chef salad

dinner - steak Diane/twice baked not-potato casserole/tossed salad

Friday:

breakfast – coconut kiwi dairy-free smoothie, hard boiled eggs

lunch – Mediterranean mackerel salad

dinner - chicken pot pie with paleo biscuit top crust

Saturday:

breakfast – fried eggs & hash browns, oranges

lunch – pizza burgers (no bun), Italian salad

dinner - beef roast/potatoes/carrots

Huera620
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:09 AM
All of those meals sound so good!!! How did you only spend $51.60??? I think that is amazing. Please tell me :) Oh! By the way, I made your baked bruschetta chicken. Wow! So good.... my Grandma is making it Friday night

Quoting michiganmom116:

May 13 – 19, 2012

Sunday:

breakfast – sausage/spinach/cheddar
fritatta, oranges

lunch – creamy ham & broccoli
soup, garlic flaxseed (grain-free) bread

dinner - chili cheese bake/tossed
salad

Monday:

breakfast – ham & egg “muffins”,
tomato slices

dinner – hoisin-glazed pork
chops/oriental coleslaw

Tuesday:

lunch – pizza soup, garlic flaxseed
(grain-free) bread

dinner - honey mustard chicken/oven
fries/green beans

Wednesday:

breakfast – chocolate grain-free
granola, oranges

dinner - frosted meatloaf/green
beans/tossed salad

Thursday:

lunch – leftovers from Wednesday
dinner or chef salad

dinner - steak Diane/twice baked
not-potato casserole/tossed salad

Friday:

breakfast – coconut kiwi dairy-free
smoothie, hard boiled eggs

dinner - chicken pot pie with paleo
biscuit top crust

Saturday:

breakfast – fried eggs & hash
browns, oranges

lunch – pizza burgers (no bun),
Italian salad

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I have all the meat I need on hand thanks to buying a whole beef and hog this spring and raising 100+ chickens every summer for our freezer.   I also have a few things in my pantry and homecanned green beans, along with six dozen eggs in my fridge.  I keep my spices and herbs stocked (didn't need to buy any this week) and  I have almond flour on hand for baking along with other baking supplies (baking powder, vanilla, salt, baking soda, baking cocoa, honey, coconut oil, etc.)

Sunday:  the frittata is one that I made last week and froze, I had 1/2 bag of oranges, had a bag of frozen broccoli in the freezer and the ham for the soup, needed to buy 1 bag white corn tortilla chips ($1.09), $1.75 for tomato juice for chili, 2 pkg. cream cheese ($1.09 each), and 1 bag cheddar cheese $1.69.

Monday:  I had the eggs and hoisin sauce and misc. things for salad dressing.  I bought 8 oz. sliced ham for 49¢, tomatoes for 99¢/lb., BBQ sauce 75¢, 1 head cabbage @ 49¢/lb. (used half), 1 pkg beef ramen noodles 15¢

Tuesday:  bought 6 bananas @ 49¢/lb., 1 bag frozen peaches for 99¢, 1 pillow pack pepperoni for 99¢, 10 lb. bag potatoes for $2.79. I had everything else that I needed for that day.

Wednesday:  Bought 1 bag walnuts $2.85, 1 can almonds $2.75, 3 pack romaine for $1.99 (used one)  I had everything else in the house.

Thursday:  Used part of a bag of cheddar cheese $1.69, will use another head of romaine plus one of the tomatoes bought above plus carrots ($1.99/3 lb.) and celery ($1.09/bunch), 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms $1.49, one head cauliflower $1.99, 16 oz. sour cream $1.99, and 1 bag cheddar cheese $1.69.  I have everything else on hand.

Friday:  bought 3 kiwi @ 33¢ each and will use the rest of the bananas (have coconut milk already on hand), bought a bag of red onions $1.29 and will use it with a can of mackerel, can of black olives, eggs, and the last of the romaine that I have already.  I also bought a bag of mixed veggies $1.50 for the pot pie.  I have everything else on hand.

Saturday:  bought 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce for 15¢ each.  Everything else is already on hand.

I also bought 2 lb. real butter ($2.09 each), 17 oz. olive oil for $3, and misc. condiments.

Quoting Huera620:

All of those meals sound so good!!! How did you only spend $51.60??? I think that is amazing. Please tell me :) Oh! By the way, I made your baked bruschetta chicken. Wow! So good.... my Grandma is making it Friday night

Quoting michiganmom116:

May 13 – 19, 2012

Sunday:

fritatta, oranges

salad

Monday:

tomato slices

chops/oriental coleslaw

Tuesday:

(grain-free) bread

fries/green beans

Wednesday:

granola, oranges

beans/tossed salad

Thursday:

dinner or chef salad

Friday:

biscuit top crust

Saturday:

browns, oranges

Italian salad

queenbree545
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I really admire how well you planned that out.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have all the meat I need on hand thanks to buying a whole beef and hog this spring and raising 100+ chickens every summer for our freezer.   I also have a few things in my pantry and homecanned green beans, along with six dozen eggs in my fridge.  I keep my spices and herbs stocked (didn't need to buy any this week) and  I have almond flour on hand for baking along with other baking supplies (baking powder, vanilla, salt, baking soda, baking cocoa, honey, coconut oil, etc.)

Sunday:  the frittata is one that I made last week and froze, I had 1/2 bag of oranges, had a bag of frozen broccoli in the freezer and the ham for the soup, needed to buy 1 bag white corn tortilla chips ($1.09), $1.75 for tomato juice for chili, 2 pkg. cream cheese ($1.09 each), and 1 bag cheddar cheese $1.69.

Monday:  I had the eggs and hoisin sauce and misc. things for salad dressing.  I bought 8 oz. sliced ham for 49¢, tomatoes for 99¢/lb., BBQ sauce 75¢, 1 head cabbage @ 49¢/lb. (used half), 1 pkg beef ramen noodles 15¢

Tuesday:  bought 6 bananas @ 49¢/lb., 1 bag frozen peaches for 99¢, 1 pillow pack pepperoni for 99¢, 10 lb. bag potatoes for $2.79. I had everything else that I needed for that day.

Wednesday:  Bought 1 bag walnuts $2.85, 1 can almonds $2.75, 3 pack romaine for $1.99 (used one)  I had everything else in the house.

Thursday:  Used part of a bag of cheddar cheese $1.69, will use another head of romaine plus one of the tomatoes bought above plus carrots ($1.99/3 lb.) and celery ($1.09/bunch), 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms $1.49, one head cauliflower $1.99, 16 oz. sour cream $1.99, and 1 bag cheddar cheese $1.69.  I have everything else on hand.

Friday:  bought 3 kiwi @ 33¢ each and will use the rest of the bananas (have coconut milk already on hand), bought a bag of red onions $1.29 and will use it with a can of mackerel, can of black olives, eggs, and the last of the romaine that I have already.  I also bought a bag of mixed veggies $1.50 for the pot pie.  I have everything else on hand.

Saturday:  bought 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce for 15¢ each.  Everything else is already on hand.

I also bought 2 lb. real butter ($2.09 each), 17 oz. olive oil for $3, and misc. condiments.

Quoting Huera620:

Quoting michiganmom116:

May 13 – 19, 2012

Sunday:

fritatta, oranges

salad

Monday:

tomato slices

chops/oriental coleslaw

Tuesday:

(grain-free) bread

fries/green beans

Wednesday:

granola, oranges

beans/tossed salad

Thursday:

dinner or chef salad

Friday:

biscuit top crust

Saturday:

browns, oranges

Italian salad

Huera620
by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Same here! But wow.... where do you shop?? I could never have an amazing shopping experience like that

Quoting queenbree545:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Huera620:

Quoting michiganmom116:

May 13 – 19, 2012

Sunday:

fritatta, oranges

salad

Monday:

tomato slices

chops/oriental coleslaw

Tuesday:

(grain-free) bread

fries/green beans

Wednesday:

granola, oranges

beans/tossed salad

Thursday:

dinner or chef salad

Friday:

biscuit top crust

Saturday:

browns, oranges

Italian salad

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 18, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Tomato juice and nuts were from Dollar General, the rest I got at a grocery store (not Walmart.)

Quoting Huera620:

Same here! But wow.... where do you shop?? I could never have an amazing shopping experience like that

Quoting queenbree545:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN