Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

slightly unhappy

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 18 Replies

My boys go to a private school.  They've been attending that school for 5 years.  This is the first year that I have applied for the finanical aid that is available.  I was turned down for it and the tuition is going up another $105 a month.  I told their father that I won't be able to afford it this year and he asked me to call catholic charities and see if they would help.  

I was really counting on getting the help

by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I'm sorry

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on May. 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Hugs, we get turned down for aid with my oldest. Unless you are on welfare here, you don't qualify. Try the charities, see if there are any scholarships, payment plans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on May. 15, 2012 at 6:57 AM

im sorry. i hope you can work something out!

sewkute
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

I'm sorry

I feel your pain. we had the same situation this last year and ended up putting them in public school and sending them to PSR. (Not by choice.) But tution was outragious. I can't stand our public schools system where I live.

specialwingz
by Corey on May. 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Dawn tood the words right out of my mouth...look for scholarships and payment plans.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Hugs, we get turned down for aid with my oldest. Unless you are on welfare here, you don't qualify. Try the charities, see if there are any scholarships, payment plans.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

If its catholic school your diocese should have scholarships or other financial aid plans. That's what my parents did with me.

Also the more kids you have the better your chances of getting financial aid.

mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM
:-( I went to private school and it was awesome. I wish I could afford to send my kids. My kids do go to a charter school though. They have an extended school day which means they get an hour more of reading/math than public schools and they also have special classes. My son has PE and Tae Kwon Do everyday as part of the cirriculum
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyngerdam
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Are you a regular parishioner? If so, contact the pastor and explain the situation. He might be able to suggest some help.

Ametrine
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Private school is really outrageous around here.  My son is starting Kinder next fall and some want over $5,000 for 7:30-3:05.  I know DH makes too much to qualify for financial aid, so I don't bother with them.  We could pay, but we would have absolutely no money left for anything else. 

I'm sorry;  it's hard to leave a school you have invested your heart into.  I hope things work out.

coffeecake1
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I don't feel people should get financial aid to send kids to private school.  Thats not right...

But I understand you are just trying to do whats best for your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN