Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boys go to a private school.  They've been attending that school for 5 years.  This is the first year that I have applied for the finanical aid that is available.  I was turned down for it and the tuition is going up another $105 a month.  I told their father that I won't be able to afford it this year and he asked me to call catholic charities and see if they would help.  

I was really counting on getting the help

by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Replies (11-18):
Moms_Angels1960
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I'm sorry I get turned down every year for the free lunch program also.

nmaxwell816
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Thanks everyone. I am going to try to call the local Catholic charities
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on May. 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I guess I dont umderstand because I think private so is not something that is needed, but more of a want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM
No it is a want I agree. I really don't want to interrupt the kids lives by making them go to a new school

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I guess I dont umderstand because I think private so is not something that is needed, but more of a want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on May. 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Sorry still done understand because going to a new school is not a bad thing, and I dont think it will interrupt anything just a change which can be good.

Quoting nmaxwell816:

No it is a want I agree. I really don't want to interrupt the kids lives by making them go to a new school

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on May. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM
I Think that depends in where you live. In a lot of areas private schools are almost neck and neck with public schools however I have a cousin whose son needed to go.
The public elementary school he had attended was rated a 8 out of 10 then they tried to send him to a school rated 2 out of 10

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on May. 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I guess I don't understand and think my view on education is different then most. I don't think ratings matter as much as student, parent, teacher involvement. That's just me though. I child could go to a rated 2 school and get the same education in a rated 8 school. Everyone has their own views and what they feel is important and I respect that. I was just saying I didn't understand meaning he children can go to a different school its not the end of the world.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I Think that depends in where you live. In a lot of areas private schools are almost neck and neck with public schools however I have a cousin whose son needed to go.

The public elementary school he had attended was rated a 8 out of 10 then they tried to send him to a school rated 2 out of 10

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:38 AM

My middle dd went to a school after we moved back to Tx and I pulled her out after her getting bullied,threatened.We found a charter school through her therapist and it went great the rest of the school yr.The next yr they changed and basically had the kids in cubicles and working at thier own pace and the teachers werent teachers any more they were room monitors.My dd had add and needed structure.I had even thought about home school at that time.Schools rated 2 dont have the same advantages as 8 rated because of the resources the schools have or dont have.If you have the means you can sometimes bridge the gap of what the school doesnt have if you have good teachers.If you dont have the means and dont have good teachers you are at some disadvantage.I wish all schools had the same resources and then you would be easier for all kids to be on the same playing feild.Have you thought about home schooling?I understand cost are going up but how do the private schools expect families to afford them and be able to live and pay bills.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)