Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Ribs Recipe

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

My grandparents kill a few  cows every year and give any family who wants meat meat. This year we were given ribs with all the other meat. I've never made beef ribs and would really like to make ribs one night for dinner. Anyone have any good recipes that are also pretty simple (or maybe not so simple)?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
specialwingz
by Corey on May. 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM

If you have a crock pot, cut the ribs in sections and cook them with a bottle of BBQ sauce.  Otherwise, you can slow cook them on the grill.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I do have a crockpot, I love it :) I'll try that. Thanks!

Quoting specialwingz:

If you have a crock pot, cut the ribs in sections and cook them with a bottle of BBQ sauce.  Otherwise, you can slow cook them on the grill.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on May. 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

They will be so tender the meat practically falls off of the bone!  My family loves when I do this!

Quoting OBImomma:

Quoting specialwingz:

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on May. 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I do ribs several ways, how are they cut?

I like to put ribs in the crock pot with bbq sauce and cook them for about 6 hours.

you can also grill them

OBImomma
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to try it!

Quoting specialwingz:

They will be so tender the meat practically falls off of the bone!  My family loves when I do this!

Quoting OBImomma:

Quoting specialwingz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Um...I didn't know there were different cuts if ribs. They're in sections if 3-4 ribs and I have 5-6 packs, so 2 meals worth.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

I do ribs several ways, how are they cut?

I like to put ribs in the crock pot with bbq sauce and cook them for about 6 hours.

you can also grill them

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I will either do the crockpot or slow roast in the oven snd finish off on the grill
lillucky8
by Jen on May. 17, 2012 at 6:39 AM
I toss ribs and bbw sauce in the crockpot all day, usually dh pulls the meat off and has pulled pork sandwiches but eating on.the bone would work too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hwifeandmom
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Crockpot's great.  When I have ribs that are too big for my crockpot, I boil them for about 45min or so (add garlic & cracked pepper to the water), then slow cook them in the oven (275-degrees) for a couple of hours.  Add BBQ sauce when you put them in the oven.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)