Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you trying the new CafeMom layout?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so what do you think?

by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (21-26):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on May. 22, 2012 at 1:54 AM
I only go with the glow while its fun or meets my needs. Idk about the new format much. I'm on mobile because its faster and easier to use. Only thing is adding clickable links. The last change I noticed a lot of people haven't check back in. Lot more than the prior changes.

Quoting aneela:

usually whatever version someone starts with is their fave...i just go with the flow..lol same on FB

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Yep, I am trying it not like we're going to have any choice when they switch us anyway. It's ok. I personally prefer the very 1st one they had for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I tried it, hated it, went back to the "old" one. Personally, I don't see why there is a need to change the layout yet again, it's fine the way it is. It's also annoying to have to search an entire page to find what you are looking for. I didn't care for the current change, still don't, but it's tolerable. The newest changes are creating pages that are just way too cluttered. I think they do it so that people will have to root through all of the sponsored crap to find what they want, in the hopes that people will be subtly influenced to buy said crap. What's sad is that it will probably work...sigh.

mom-1kids-3
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I just switched over & haven't had time to look around. I think it's pretty nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Seriously? Another one? :/

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on May. 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM
It's the same theory stores use when they rearrange isles. People will buy more. Maybe in the old days, when access to the internet gets you want in a few clicks.

Our joanns just redesigned their whole layout and the only reason I stayed was the 60% coupon I received.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

I tried it, hated it, went back to the "old" one. Personally, I don't see why there is a need to change the layout yet again, it's fine the way it is. It's also annoying to have to search an entire page to find what you are looking for. I didn't care for the current change, still don't, but it's tolerable. The newest changes are creating pages that are just way too cluttered. I think they do it so that people will have to root through all of the sponsored crap to find what they want, in the hopes that people will be subtly influenced to buy said crap. What's sad is that it will probably work...sigh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on May. 23, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Now that I don't have a choice and they've rather stuck it under my nose...I hate it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)