Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Birthday party ideas?

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM
  • 5 Replies

My dd2 is turning 5 Tuesday.   This is the first year I have done anything but family parties for the kids.  She wants a "ladybug" party. I am a little tight moneywise right now, because we had unexpected car repairs, and are trying to save for vacation.  I hand made the invitations, and bought red and black balloons, tablecloths, and tableware.   I got a pinata on Amazon for $14.....   I'm thinking a treasure hunt and obstacle course.....  I need ideas for the obstacle course. We will have kids from ages 4 to 9.  Not wanting to spend any more money.....  Ideas, anyone?  

by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nmaxwell816
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Where would you have the obstacle course at?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shay0810
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Quoting nmaxwell816:

Where would you have the obstacle course at?

It's in the backyard....  

nmaxwell816
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

run through old tires

chichiwvu
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM

you can have them make ladybugs using paper plates(cut them in half to make wings). then they can color them. If you do a treasure hunt, you could make it nature related.

chichiwvu
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM

oh and bubbles are a hit at ANY party, and you can make it yourself very cheap! If you make your own laundry detergent you'll have everything you need on hand anyway. It's just water, soap and glycerin (which gives the bubbles hold). I don't have an exact recipe, but there are tons on the internet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)