Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Why does everyone pay for internet?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 53 Replies
With all the free wifi places out there why pay for it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I am not going to expect my kids to sit at an establishment so I can play online lol
megs424420
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM
It's not practical to sit at Starbucks with my kids so I can have Internet access.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM
5 moms liked this

Not everywhere has free wifi and, even if you have security software on your own computer, you could still pick up something from a public connection. There is also the matter of convenience; who wants to traipse off to a store, the library or a coffee house every time they want to get online? 

nokesmomof2
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

we pay 94 for cable and internet combined and i pay for it because im not going to go sit in mcdonalds parking lot just to play on the internet when i can pay for it and have the convience of sitting in my own home

specialwingz
by Corey on May. 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Because I like being able to multi-task housework, working at home, being with my family and surfing the web in the comfort and privacy of my own home.  

On top of that, establishments with free wi-fi prefer you to BUY something while you sit there using their wi-fi connection.  Free wi-fi is used as a marketing tactic.  If you sit there all day every day, without buying anything, they WILL ask you to leave.  I've seen it happen.  

matreshka
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Because I like the security and convenience of being at home online. I'm not going to pay bills on a starbucks connection.

LuvingMy3Girls
by New Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids need it for school and it's not a good use of time to go load the entire family up daily for my dd to do homework
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on May. 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Agreed

Quoting specialwingz:

Because I like being able to multi-task housework, working at home, being with my family and surfing the web in the comfort and privacy of my own home.  

On top of that, establishments with free wi-fi prefer you to BUY something while you sit there using their wi-fi connection.  Free wi-fi is used as a marketing tactic.  If you sit there all day every day, without buying anything, they WILL ask you to leave.  I've seen it happen.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvingMy3Girls
by New Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know where everyone lives or how the schools are but you pretty much have to have internet access. My oldest (7th grade) uses the Internet every night for homework
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
import1a92
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Because, $1500 desktop. LOL! You're darn tooting I'm going to get every penny I can out of this 8 year old machine until it craps out on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)