Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I cant seem to get this budget right. How do you budget gas

Posted by   + Show Post
When gas prices change daily and you dont know how much you will be driving?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Replies (11-14):
Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is only putting in $20.00 per time fill up your tank each & every time and fill it up again when it gets to 1/2 of a tank. The 1st 1/2 you always get more bang for your buck the 2nd 1/2 goes down faster.

chichiwvu
by on May. 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM

we looked at how much we spent the months prior. Typically DH has to fill up every 8 days, I fill up every few weeks depending on if I have to go somewhere. We like to add an extra $20-$30 JIC. if there is extra, it stays in the transportation envelope for the next month because you just never know!  Plus goes toward car repairs, like oil changes, windshield wipers, etc... so a bit extra is always good. Gas keeps going down around here, but I know that's not going to last forever. Just keep in mind If gas prices go up or down $.10/gal it only will change your gas budget by $1-2 a tank, or about $10 a month. They seem to be pretty steady lately.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on May. 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM

hubby has the worst truck ever and he drives a lot :-(

AzariahsMother
by on May. 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM
I dont budget to the cent and I always round up. I know what I will spend at a half tank and a full tank. I do it weekly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN