Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

The county we live in has this thing you put into your house called power stat box. You pay $103 for the box and load money onto a card they give you that loads money to your box. 

It tells you how much you have left, how much you average daily, and once it hits zero in your account your power shuts off. It does warn you when you are getting low. No deposit for electric and no late fees. 

I am really liking it. We are averaging about $4.55 a day. 

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (11-16):
Luv2BaMommy9809
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM

what is the program name?  just so I can make reference to it when checking it out in my area.  thanks!

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM

That's about $150 a month or so...we pay a set amount to our electricity company I think it's like $154 a  month is our set amount. But that's a great idea :)

specialwingz
by Corey on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Interesting concept.  But, not for me.  I like the idea of my electricity being there for me no matter what.  My bill is on auto-pay straight out of my bank account.  I get the bill online every month.  And, I can go online at any time and look at my account.  We are very frugal with our electrical use in the household.  So, I know we use less than most people.  I have beautiful oil lamps that I can light for ambient light in the evenings when we don't particularly want or need electric lighting.  The tv is on only for specific shows.  Our appliances are gas.  And, the a/c is set at a steady 78.  That keeps my bill as low and consistent as it gets.  And, I don't have to worry about feeding money into a meter.

nmaxwell816
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM

That is a neat idea

EmmasMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM

For us it's about $140 a month. 

kaitybird
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I don't think I would like that concept especially since we never pay that much for electric...:)  I kind of like the way ours is set up, nothing fancy just the regular way, but we are pretty electric savvy at the moment.  :)

It is a great concept for many just not for me.  We monitor and know where we can cut down it is just a mtter of doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)