Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

OT-Working at the School? (piog)

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone worked at their kid's school? 

I'm thinking about applying to work in the cafeteria part time when DS starts Kindergarten.

What other opportunities are usually available for "just a SAHM mom"?

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chichiwvu
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:59 PM

substitute teaching! A lot of the substitutes I worked with were moms with kids in school. They know a lot of the students. Most won't sub every day, but maybe 1-2 days a week. 

You can also volunteer to help the PTA or make copies for the class(which is VERY helpful!)

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM
I was thinking of sub teaching to. Here they are so desperate they will take anyone with a ba
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I was a substitute teacher for a little while. Pay was good, but not my thing.
There are companies that you can work customer service at home. I will say up front that working from home takes a lot of work, I've been a Blogger/ genealogist for over a year and just got a chance to expand my business.

I've made decent income, lots of late nights and long hours promoting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM
We need more cafeteria workers like ME I say go for it being a sub you wouldn't always be at th same school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

My friend works really part time at the school as a parent volunteer coordinator. She is in charge of getting parent volunteers for school events as well a other things.

specialwingz
by Corey on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Working part time in your school district is a great idea!  Even if it's not at the same school.  The benefit is that you are out the same months your son will be out for summer vacay!

cara124
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I know a couple of moms who work as bus driviers in our school district.... most will train you to drive the bus and you have the same vacations as the kids do ...

specialwingz
by Corey on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Ah!  Another very good suggestion!  My aunt did that the whole time her kids were in school.  That way she could be home with them when they were out of school.

Quoting cara124:

I know a couple of moms who work as bus driviers in our school district.... most will train you to drive the bus and you have the same vacations as the kids do ...

extremelibrary
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM

That sounds like a good idea. Also, work at a Mothers Day out too or do Direct Sales. Good luck on whatever you choose to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN