Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Checked it out

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

And not worth it. I am sitting here watching the Extreme coupon show and they advertised for the CouponQueen site. Took a look at it and it is a subscription site. Paying to learn to save money is not worth the expense with so many free sites.

We Use Coupons- Free site

A Full Cup- free site

Coupon mom

Krazy Coupon Lady

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Totally agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah why pay for what you can get for free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

So funny you should mention EC.  I don't generally watch the show.  I refuse to give it any record of viewing by me.  LOL.  But, I was channel surfing looking for something specific when I stumbled across it while they were showing a woman with a stock pile worth $40K!!!!  Granted, some of the stuff she had was being gathered for her DD's Quinceanera.  But, the larger amount of it was just her regular stash.  She claims to have paid only $900 some odd for it all.  And, that it should feed her family for about 5-6 years.

While the "price" is great, I had to wonder how on earth anyone could eat ALL that stuff before it expired!!!!  This was for a family of 5.  Her food room was almost as big as the 1st floor of my house.  She had a room for just the sweets (cookies, candy, cake mixes, etc) that was the size of a med-sized kitchen.  Who needs that many sweets???  And, again...how do they eat all that food before it expires???

But, back on topic - LOL - I refuse to PAY to belong to a coupon site.  If the coupons aren't free, FORGET  IT!!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Same here.

Quoting specialwingz:

So funny you should mention EC.  I don't generally watch the show.  I refuse to give it any record of viewing by me.  LOL.  But, I was channel surfing looking for something specific when I stumbled across it while they were showing a woman with a stock pile worth $40K!!!!  Granted, some of the stuff she had was being gathered for her DD's Quinceanera.  But, the larger amount of it was just her regular stash.  She claims to have paid only $900 some odd for it all.  And, that it should feed her family for about 5-6 years.

While the "price" is great, I had to wonder how on earth anyone could eat ALL that stuff before it expired!!!!  This was for a family of 5.  Her food room was almost as big as the 1st floor of my house.  She had a room for just the sweets (cookies, candy, cake mixes, etc) that was the size of a med-sized kitchen.  Who needs that many sweets???  And, again...how do they eat all that food before it expires???

But, back on topic - LOL - I refuse to PAY to belong to a coupon site.  If the coupons aren't free, FORGET  IT!!

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I agree.  I can't imagine the circumstances under which I would pay a coupon website.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

What I don't like about it is the unrealistic expectations that it sets.  Most of those people shop at stores that will double every coupon, they are using catalinas that they've been saving for weeks, etc.  Those aren't typical shopping trips for the average avid couponer.

Then, of course, it's caused stores to re-evaluate their coupon policies.  It's just annoying.

Quoting specialwingz:

2girlsYES
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Thanks for the sites
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Couponsuzy.com is another good one. And I signed up on getitfree.us, mysavings.com, mymommyrewards.com, and vocalpoint.com to get free samples. I've gotten coffee, bandaids, shampoo/conditioner, laundry soap, deodorant, toothpaste, lotion, makeup, perfume, pads/tampons, mouth wash, dryer sheets, floor cleaner, dog food, glass cleaner, armor all type stuff, air freshener, trash bags, full size bottle of bayer aspirin, sippy cup... and tons of coupons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM
agree

specialwingz
by Corey on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

That's exactly why I refuse to watch it.  And, I try hard to ease the minds of new couponers who can't figure out why they can't seem to do as well on their shopping trips.  There isn't a SINGLE place that doubles coupons here in Austin, TX.  People state that Kroger's doubles.  No Kroger's here.  SO has one in the Ft. Worth area where he works during the week.  But they do NOT double.

This woman on the show bought 200 cans of tomatoes.  They were on sale 2/$1.  And they were big cans, too!  She had a coupon for .50/2 and the store doubled, making the tomatoes absolutely FREE.  My question is, where the heck did she get 100 of the same coupon??  And, they weren't internet coupons.  She cut them from 100 newspaper coupon inserts!

Anyway...I could rant on this forever.  LOL.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

What I don't like about it is the unrealistic expectations that it sets.  Most of those people shop at stores that will double every coupon, they are using catalinas that they've been saving for weeks, etc.  Those aren't typical shopping trips for the average avid couponer.

Then, of course, it's caused stores to re-evaluate their coupon policies.  It's just annoying.

Quoting specialwingz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN