Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do use gasoline loyalty cards?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 17 Replies

I got to stop and shop which has gas stations.  Using our stop and shop card for buying grocieries we get points for sidcounted gas.  Today I *only* paid 3.09 for a gallon.  I also have a card from jffy lube that gives me points evertime I get an oil change.

What do you use?

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seraphimsong
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I have one but I don't always use it. It gives 5 cents off a gallon, but if you get 10 gallons that's only 50 cents so it's not really worth driving across town to use it, kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:38 AM
My husband will sometimes use one, but he can usually find gas cheaper than at that one station anyway.
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Yeah, that makes no sense. luckily our stop and shop is right near us and I don't have to go out of the way to use it.

Quoting seraphimsong:

I have one but I don't always use it. It gives 5 cents off a gallon, but if you get 10 gallons that's only 50 cents so it's not really worth driving across town to use it, kwim?

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Our local news has a "pump patrol" feature that shows the cheapest gas prices in the local towns, and when I don't have points I use that.

Quoting michiganmom116:

My husband will sometimes use one, but he can usually find gas cheaper than at that one station anyway.

shay0810
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM

kroger and speedway

Cschmura
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM
I use a local grocery store loyalty card. For every $100 you spend you get 10 cents off a gallon at Sunoco.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I really don't use a gas rewards card.  The only one that we really have here is for Safeway.  But Safeway is so much more expensive for groceries that I really don't shop there unless it's just a quick trip to get some french bread or ice cream because it's the closest store to our house.  I don't buy enough there to accumulate enough points to use them before they expire.  We get all of our gas at Costco.  It's definitely the cheapest gas in town.

anotherandree
by Inga on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Safeway has a loyaty card that you save 3 cents just for having the card and then extra for using the card to buy groceries.

Lindsi19
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I use my kroger card to get money off gas. You get 1 point for every dollar spent. Every 100 points is 10 cents off gas. I spend about 300 on groceries a month, so that's 30 cents off a gallon. I can split it too so I can either use all 30 cents per gallon on one fill up, or 10 cents off for 3 fill ups.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I don't use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)