Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Any No Poo Mamas? *UPDATE*

I want to go no poo but I'm not quite clear on the process. What do you use? How often do you no poo? How long til your hair gets used to it? I only wash my hair once a week now. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Taking my granola mama to the next level. LOL

***UPDATE***
For those of you who are confused, the No Poo Method does not mean not washing your hair. It is a natural cleansing method to wash your hair using baking soda and apple cider vinegar.

Anyways, so I did the no poo method a few days ago and I'm pretty happy with the results. It was kinda strange just rubbing this paste on my head and I was skeptical but it actually worked. The texture of my hair is a little different but it is really easy to style without any product. I'm going to stick with it and see how it goes. I'm also going to start using the oil cleansing method for my face. It only makes sense that if I wouldn't put a product in my body, that I probably shouldn't put it on my body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
LongBeachLiz
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Melanie420
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM

you really dont need shampoo, all hair is different but mine seems to get clean with just conditioner, it will help your hair grow also which is why I dont use shampoo now

jdy9440
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe try Wen brand
Meggie-May
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Im not sure if we're talking about the same thing... But I use cleansing conditioner sometimes. Not everyday, but I like to use it once a week or so. The brand is Hair One from Sally's. Ive tried Wen and it's amazing (omg its actually the best stuff ever) but I really don't like the price!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I have no clue what no poo is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I've heard if you stick to it then it works. But i have curly greasy hair and it gets really bad after 2 days of no shampoo so i cant imagine weeks lol

mrstheriault
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM

i had to get my husband doing no poo cause his hair got super messed up with a diet change and some prescription pills and who knows what else. (his hair is long, and way below his shoulders) i follow the baking soda and acv rinse plan. his hair is back to normal, not gunked up and weird any more. he hasn't gone through any adaptation period. we've been doing it for him for about 3 weeks now and his hair is gorgeous. he washes it every other day. i recommend the basic baking soda and acv recipes!!

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I tried no poo and it didn't work. I wash my hair with apple cider vinegar and condition once a week.

_muffin_
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It took over a month for an adjustment period, but now my hair is great. You may have to adjust your baking soda to water ratio, but stick with it and it'll work great. I wash my hair ever week, sometimes every 2 weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)