Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Moving

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

We are moving in August to UT. I know moving is very expensive so I was thinking about maybe babysitting to bring in some extra cash. Am I crazy.?? So do any of you babysit?

Jill

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump. I have 4 of my own so I'm not gonna try to watch anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM

No I work full time outside of the home

a_and_j_momma
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM
No, I work full-time
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:59 AM
When my DD was a baby I babysat for a couple of kids at their house mon-fri about 8hrs a day. I was able to take DD with.
If you can find a good family to babysit for that won't take advantage of you it's a great way to make extra money. Just be sure to check your state laws, in my state your supposed to be liscensed to watch kids in your home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I jave a job, but good idea. Maybe a part time job too would help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Well I babysat an 8 year old little girl last night. It was OK not great. My girls really don't like her at all. Her dad is a doctor plus she is an only child. I put raspberries out on the table. She ate them by the handfuls before anyone else got some. She said LOOK I ATE THEM ALL HA HA !!! UGH !!! I am not made to babysit !!

coronado25
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I babysat alot for friends's children when my kids were young.  I had alot of girlfriends that were mothers and we often swapped kids around for a few hours here or there to go out or get things done at home

The one time I tried to babysit for pay it was awful.  The child was sweet as pie and I enjoyed watching him and my daughter, both nearly 5 years old. I also had a 5 month old son of my own.

But the mother, although she was a lovely person in general, had something negative or ugly to say every time she dropped her son off or picked him up. I was accused of teaching him curse words ( I don't curse and have never...not because I am holier than thou, but I just don't like to hear those words myself and never got in the habit) . I was also to blame for some rash he developed on his arm one week...My daughter had no rash and they had not been anywhere but the duck pond and the library, we had no pets either.  I was to blame it seemed for him being too tired one day and too hyper the next. etc. etc.  Suddenly she was stalking the house and following me with him as if she suspected me of some kind of wrong doing. That was the last straw. It had been three days a week for three weeks and by that third week, when she came to pick him up, I said it had been a pleasure looking after her little guy but I just couldn't do it anymore.  

I thought she would be happy, Instead she was vicious and asked for her money back, then crying that she had no one to watch him, then saying that at least he would not come home anymore hyper, cursing and covered in rashes!  

He was a great little boy. I never heard him curse and he had nice manners and got along well with my daughter.  It actually made the days easier because they entertained each other and with their playing. But what a crazy lady! Be careful about parents!

chrissysnow22
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Nope. I work full time. I was a nanny at one point in time though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN