Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Generics?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM
  • 22 Replies

Do you ever buy generic instead of name-brand items?  Do you have any that you prefer over name-brands?  When we lived in Florida, we shopped at a store called Publix (they don't have them here in Washington, unfortunately), and we loved their store brand.

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I buy a lot of store brand. The only thing. I do not buy store brand is soup. I'd rather the name brand, tastes better imo. Kroger and meijer both have great store brand foods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I ALWAYS buy store brand if it's cheaper, except for Dawn dish soap, Diamond brand dog food, Crest toothpaste, and Always pads.

zinniadaisy
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I almost always buy the generic

lillucky8
by Jen on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I buy some thing generic, some store brand. Depends on the item as well as price, if i have a coupon, etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Feral.Woman
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM

About 95% of my normal purchases are generic/store brand. 

Blessings

Kat

Satan71
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Hi there, I am from washington and the two best stores to shop are Winco and save-a-lot. Winco is a great chain grocery store that has good name brands. Save-a-lot is a discount grocery so you have to watch the dates, but if you like to stock up when you find a good deal they are the best place. Meat prices vary alot in Wa. So you either have to watch the sales and stock up or the other alternative is that there are many small farmers and you can buy a half of a pig or cow and chickens for a very reasonable price.
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Oh yeah, unless the name brand is cheaper.  Stop and shop and whole foods have great generics that taste great and are a good value.

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Yes and I like Walmart, Publix, and Walgreens generic brand.
a_and_j_momma
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM
I do not. Just from Target, Whole Foods, and Costco

deadlights86
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:43 AM
I work at Kroger so I get Kroger stuff all the time cause I get 10% off. But there is alot I won't get store brand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN