Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Beauty School For Services?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I just discovered something that you all probably already know about, but I thought I would share it here just in case. 

Did you know that you can go to the local beauty school for spa services, and they are super cheap?!  My friend just got her hair cut, colored, and styled for only $35!!  It turned out so cute!  I asked her if she was nervous about having a student cut her hair, and she said that the instructor was right there.  She said it was one of the best cuts she's ever had, and definitely the best color job.  She said that this particular school also offers facials, waxing, and all nail services.

I'm definitely going to do that next time.  I don't think I could get my hair cut and color it myself for that cheap.  How about you?  Have you ever gone to the local beauty school for your hair or other spa services?  Is it something you would consider?

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM
There's one in my area but I've never gone. They do mani's and pedi's, some waxing at this one too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chichiwvu
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
My friend worked at one, and recommended the best student. I followed her to her salon, LOL!

I got a pedi done there too, but they didn't really have a nail program so it was horrible. I'd pay $10 more for the massage at the place down the road.

And don't forget to tip the students :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
extremelibrary
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM

My mom and I went to one once. My haircut turned out fine, but my mom didn't like hers. She made the student cut some more hair(my moms hair was uneven and she wanted the student to even it out). The place isn't even there anymore so we just go to Great Clips instead.

lillucky8
by Jen on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I am super nervous w my hair so i stay w my hairdresser, but id go for other beauty treatments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I usually go when school is in session. During the summer it is cost cutters for haircuts and I do my own acrylics french manicure style.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I've always used beauty schools for hair, perms, and such. It was something my grandma taught me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I am always really short on time so cna't go to one. I have tried but they take over an hour and I just can't do it :(

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I met my last hair dresser at the beauty school. I stayed with her until she got married and moved out of town, and have since found a new girl, the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM
There isn't any around here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)