Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh wise and wonderful ladies help me reboot my finances i need to hear from YOU

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

HI! its me ok ladies currenly im trying to find a way to trim my expenses. i live in cape may county new jersey. right now i have comcast cable and internet which i pay a statling 100 $ a month for! i am looking into finding a different internet and cable options that cost less. I am a student so they have to be reliable. i try to google it and do all the research on my own but it just got confusing.  what do you ladies use for cable or internet?? im stuck with my verizon cell phone for a while cuz im in a contract so i suppose theres not much i can do about that. i am good with my car insurance and am a frugal shopper when it comes to groceries clothes etc. im not sure what else i can do..... i would love to do some work at home but theres nothing iv looked into that is selling somthing a scam or costs money to start... there you have it ladies if you have any ideas on how i can trim my expenses or make a little money on the side i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear them we are trying to save enough monthly so we can add a little more on the principle of our mortgage and so we can buy a new used car we both work and have hectic schedule but currently only have one car and its uop there in yrs and milage. i want to hear from you pretty please ?

blowing kissesandi

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I have a bundle with Verizon FIOS cable, Internet, phone (landline)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Quoting diaperstodating:

I have a bundle with Verizon FIOS cable, Internet, phone (landline)

fios is still pretty pricey and also isnt availbale in my two hoarse town lol :(

blowing kissesandi

chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Get rid of cable and just get Internet. We have the sprint go prepaid Internet.

Calculate how much canceling your cellphone service and finding a cheaper one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashybaby87
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Your cable bill is cheaper than me! I have cox and pay $156 per month for phone, internet & cable. The phone is just $10 more. The only other option around here though is Satellite which goes out even if there's a cloud in the sky. lol So yea I'll pay extra for what I have.

As far as making extra money, before I worked I would do a lot of survey sites and stuff. Wouldn't make a lot of money, but some how I could make an extra $200/month after spending many hours on various sites. Time consuming, but I needed a way to pay the bills I had at the time. None of them cost money to start or anything. Like I said, time consuming and takes about a month or two before you get your first payment if I remember right. Cash Crate was my fav and most reliable. Here's my life if you're interested: http://www.closetsamples.com/p/free-online-jobs.html and some more here http://www.closetsamples.com/search?q=make+money%22

Also, I saw that you said you're frugal shopper already. I use coupons, both from the Sunday paper and printable coupons. I have to match mine up online by a variety of sites since I don't have the time to do it myself.  I can't always shop on coupons, but when I do I save between 40%-60% on average off the total bill.

As far as the electric bill... well I'm still looking on ways to cut back. I keep the lights off in all the rooms we're not in & if the sun is up I just open my blinds. I keep my air set at 75 degrees and house fans on. Things I don't regularly use I unplug. I have Entrergy with a 1700sqft house and pay an average of $98 per month.

That's all I can think of off hand. Hope this helps some!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)