Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
Do you spend on Christmas? What's your budget? Do you save throughout the year? How much do you really spend?
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (11-16):
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I always set aside $1,000 at tax time specifically for Christmas and DD b-day. Doesn't always wind up all being spent on Christmas but the majority does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Under $500. We start planning after Christmas and if we see things at a good price we get them otherwise we start focusing after October. This I plan on makin a lot so it will Be a lot cheaper than last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:09 AM

It totally depends on the year.  Some years have been much more generous than others.  We try to limit the number of gifts per child to three each plus a stocking.  Both sets of grandparents are really generous, and it would be really overwhelming if we did more than that.  But the expense of each of those items varies.  It's interesting, because I've noticed that the kids are equally happy when we spend a little as when we spend a lot.  I think that sometimes parents put more pressure on themselves to go over the top than they really need to.

lyrick24
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM

we spend about 1000.00$. we start buying things around october.

nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Well I don't have many people to buy for anymore....

I get my SO one expensive gift and a few little ones

My son has been getting money since he was 18 (now 20)

My niece and nephew get a really nice gift each.

My sister gets a decent amount on a gift card at a store she likes. 

Some cousins and Aunts/Uncles and friends get gift cards to fave stores.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM

its only my son i really shop for...and a few ppl here and there...i have a SMALL budget of $100 for my son ...but i pick up stuff along the year for him and others...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)