Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Does anyone have any recent thrift store brags?

I went to one of the local thrift stores on Saturday looking for some office stuff, and I found a Partylite 3-wick candle holder that I'd seen in their catalog years ago.  I really wanted it at the time, but couldn't bring myself to spend the $50 or so dollars on a candle holder.  Well, Saturday I found the same candle holder in like-new condition for $5!!!!  I was so excited!!  And, I still had a 3-wick candle still in the box!  I think I'd gotten it as a hostess item from a party years and years ago!!  I'll try to post a pic later today.

How about anyone else?  Has anyone else gotten anything good at the thrift store lately?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Replies (21-22):
BlancosBows
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I also found a solid wood entertainment center for $5. Actually saw it the week before last for $10 but they cut the price again! I am using it as open storage for my craft supplies for my business.

StrangeDays
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I got a denim mini skirt, a tie-dye sun dress, a cool-patterned camisole, a floral print sun dress and a plaid studded belt for $50 at a local thrift store. More than I'd spend at others, but the skirt and camisole still had their tags, so I don't mind! I love thrift store finds! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN