Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

selling jewlery: etsy or copious?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

What would be the best site to sell some of my jewlery on?  Its really good jewlery, I'm just trying to make some extra cash by selling what I don't wear anymore.

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I think etsy is more well known.  I just learned about copious recently, personally.

chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM
I agree. I have heard more about etsy. How much do each charge to sell on their site?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM
I would do etsy, I have a storenvey site for a year and never had a sale:/ I sell more on FB and word of mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I think Etsy was for items that you make, are they homemade things?

I don't know what copious is. 

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I would go with etsy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:20 PM
I love buying from etsy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I sell on Artfire.com, Etsy did not appeal to me. I did some research and have known some crafters who were kicked off for no reason or had their idea's stolen. That was why I shoose Artfire and Zibbet. Now for my digi designs I have a Zen Cart, and there are ways to have your own store that you can control.

http://www.weebly.com/

and

http://www.ecwid.com/

C8linVilla
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Etsy Charges listing fees, selling fees and monthly fees! even if you dont sell anything! Copious charges one fee. one fee only and that is when your items sell. I think i pay about $1 on an item that i have listed for $25. It might not be well known but you can share your link and give friends a $10 credit to the website and you can help it get more well known :)

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I'm going to go with copious then :)

Quoting C8linVilla:

Etsy Charges listing fees, selling fees and monthly fees! even if you dont sell anything! Copious charges one fee. one fee only and that is when your items sell. I think i pay about $1 on an item that i have listed for $25. It might not be well known but you can share your link and give friends a $10 credit to the website and you can help it get more well known :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)