Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Moving

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
My husband and I have alot of un matched stuff and we are getting ready to move we are buying our frist house and I want to throw it all out and get new dh is get what we can and we will get the rest after we move I would rather everything be new fresh start and everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM
I would wait until you move. look for sales and find something you both like and depending on how much money you have see if you can make.it coordinate with anything you have already. Then sell what you have in a yard sale
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clasater
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Totally understand. We just bought our first house and we've been married 5 years, we have all the same hand me down stuff from dhs mom that we had when we first got together. I hate it it's ugly and old and miss matched and I want new stuff sooo bad! BUT ultimately I'm not willin to break the bank over new furniture. So we are buying one piece at a time. We did get all new blinds for the whole house and new curtains for the huge living room window and new ceiling fans for the whole house and we painted the house and are installing all new laminate wood flooring. So even with all our old furniture in the house it feels great! And I know that we invested in out house by doing smart upgrades that will pay of later and we get to enjoy it now. Maybe you could try some more budget friendly options likes that to make your old furniture feel newer. Also slip covers for couches are super cheap at like Ross or places like that and could give a living room a whole new feel too! Get a new lamp and a cheap ikea coffee table and it'll feel so much better until you can pay cash for all new furniture! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM

LOL We've bought one piece of furniture every year at tax time. We've been living together 9 years and just need to buy a new bed. 8)

Quoting clasater:

Totally understand. We just bought our first house and we've been married 5 years, we have all the same hand me down stuff from dhs mom that we had when we first got together. I hate it it's ugly and old and miss matched and I want new stuff sooo bad! BUT ultimately I'm not willin to break the bank over new furniture. So we are buying one piece at a time. We did get all new blinds for the whole house and new curtains for the huge living room window and new ceiling fans for the whole house and we painted the house and are installing all new laminate wood flooring. So even with all our old furniture in the house it feels great! And I know that we invested in out house by doing smart upgrades that will pay of later and we get to enjoy it now. Maybe you could try some more budget friendly options likes that to make your old furniture feel newer. Also slip covers for couches are super cheap at like Ross or places like that and could give a living room a whole new feel too! Get a new lamp and a cheap ikea coffee table and it'll feel so much better until you can pay cash for all new furniture! :)

AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I would look now, and buy after the move.

chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Move first then buy furniture. Buy only what you need and then replace as the budget allows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)